PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld fans-Need trivia help!

JLiebCamm
11-20-2004, 09:25 PM
I'm trying to win a local newspaper trivia contest with the prize being the new Seinfeld DVDs. DH and I have figured out most of the questions but I'm unsure of a few and would appreciate any help!

1. Which beautiful actress did Jerry date, only to have all his friends say she was a loser? (I'm thinking Tawny Kitaen but am just not positive).

2. What fake Arkansas company did George say he worked for when he was acting like a tourist in New York? (A Google search led me to the answer Tyler Chicken but I'm not sure that this is what they're looking for because of the way it's worded in the episode synopsis.)

3. Who won "The Contest"? (I'm finding conflicting George/Jerry answers).

Thanks!

psophia17
11-20-2004, 10:05 PM
>3. Who won "The Contest"? (I'm finding conflicting
>George/Jerry answers).
DH says George
>
That's the only help I can offer - DH isn't as much of a fan as he says he is, I guess...;)

Judegirl
11-20-2004, 10:07 PM
2. I think it was Vandelay Industries, but I'm not sure, since that name came up so many times.

ktdid74
11-20-2004, 10:27 PM
I belive for 2. is was Tyler chicken- I remember the George Steinbrener (sp?) character trying to negotiate with them for George's job.
I also think George won the contest because on the show finale when the plane is going down, George said he lied and shouldn't have won.

I consider myself one of the biggest Seinfeld fans (just saw him in concert a couple months ago) so I'm ashamed that I can't remember the answer to #1. Good luck!

brubeck
11-20-2004, 11:55 PM
#3 is a trick question. In The Contest episode George won. However in the series finale they are all going down on the plane and they think they are going to die and George admits that he cheated in The Contest. That would mean that Jerry actually won.

JLiebCamm
11-21-2004, 02:34 PM
That's exactly what I'm finding, so I don't know what answer the paper actually has listed as the correct one. Maybe I'll write out a full explanation and hope they give me credit! (I feel like I'm back in school!)

toomanystrollers
11-21-2004, 03:59 PM
I think Tawny Kitaen has to be the answer to #1.

See episode #26:

http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/epguide_det.php#2nd

jennifer13
11-21-2004, 09:03 PM
DH says definitely Vandeley Industries.

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03
Surprise #2 EDD 3/16/05

JLiebCamm
11-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Thanks, I think I'm going to go withthat answer. All this work to win a $40 DVD!

jasabo
11-21-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the chicken place. Vandelay Industries was the company that George said he interviewed at when he was avoiding looking for a job...the unemployment woman called Jerry's house and Kramer answered and gave it all away...."what-delay industries?? No, no you've got it all wrong..."

And I think everyone's right re: Jerry winning the bet due to the last episode, though they never really came out with it....it's kind of a trick question.

Yes, I have NO life....I LOVE Seinfeld.

Lisa - mom to 17 month old twin boys, who were ALMOST named "Seven" and "Soda" ....LOL :)

redhookmom
11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
That is my fav Seifeld moment: George laying on the floor in his underware and Jerry walks in and says "And, you want to be my latex salesman."

I think the Chicken place is the correct answer.