PDA

View Full Version : White or Colored lights on your tree this year?

phirey
11-21-2004, 10:41 PM
If you celebrate Christmas with a tree (or I guess a Hanukkah bush, like an old roommate of mine had), what color lights are you putting on this year?

It seems that colored lights are coming back. We were out shopping today and I started picturing the multi lights from my childhood. I think we might switch back to colors. Last year we got some of the big colored lights for a tree in the front yard. Just curious about what y'all do.

Tondi G
11-21-2004, 10:46 PM
I voted other! We have both white and colored lights on our tree every year!

~Tondi

redhookmom
11-21-2004, 11:08 PM
I had white every year until last year. Now we have the multi lights. Somehow I think a little kids tree should have multi lights. :-)

kthomp
11-21-2004, 11:09 PM
We use the small multicolored ones. They add so much color to the room and really brighten it. We've always used them for our tree, even when I was little.

But I love the look of white lights too, especially on trees outside. So classy and elegant. And not just at Christmas, I think they look great year round.

marinkitty
11-21-2004, 11:33 PM
We have always done white, non-blinking lights. I don't have anything against the multicolor lights (well, not the small ones anyway - I don't care for the big ones) but the blinking makes me a little crazy!

Holly
Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
Another March baby EDD (3.22.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050322/0/0/1/-6/.png

Joshuasmommy
11-21-2004, 11:36 PM
We put colored lights on our tree but I like white lights on the outside of the house. I don't like blinking lights because the strands never blink at the same time and then half the tree is lit up and the other half isn't. Drives me nuts! :)

mekiemom
11-21-2004, 11:47 PM
We have colored lights on our "family" tree in the den, this tree has all the ornaments that my mom and DH's mom gave us from our childhoods and now we will add DD's ornaments to that as well. We have a more fancy looking tree in our formal living room with white lights.
Jenn
our sweet girl 3/02

jubilee
11-21-2004, 11:53 PM
We do equal strands of solid red and solid white on the tree. Outdoors we do solid white hanging stars on the house and solid red or white lights on the bushes.

MelissaTC
11-22-2004, 09:10 AM
It is only multi-colored lights in this house. My DH is obsessed with Christmas lights and hates the plain white lights. Although he does strand the center of our tree in white lights so it glows out...he is obsessed I tell you, obsessed!

hez
11-22-2004, 10:01 AM
We did one-color lights for a couple years 'til we had DS. We needed a new artificial tree last year, and decided to go with a pre-lit. After MUCH deliberation, we ended up with multi-color lights because we both kept thinking back to our childhoods-- and like another poster said, it just seems right to have lots of color for kids. We still put up our eclectic collections of ornaments from when we were kids, so it just seems to fit.

For outdoor decorating, we tend to stick with single colors (white lately), but I have in my head childhood memories of the huge bulbs (multi-colored)... Getting all nostalgic now!