PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite vegetable/side dish casseroles/recipes!

ddmarsh
11-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Looking for something new and interesting for Thanksgiving :).

zuzu
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
This is a little different and really good! Sometimes I find I need to make a little extra dressing.

ROASTED POTATOES, SHALLOTS, AND KALE WITH CARAMELIZED GARLIC DRESSING

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/13290

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

*edited to correct link.

mekiemom
11-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I found a great sweet potato casserole recipe to replace the old yams with marshmallow stuff. The one I use now has a base made of mashed sweet potatoes, sweetened condensed milk, etc. and the top has a crushed cornflake, brown sugar, butter, pecan topping. If you are interested in this one I will gladly write it out and send it to you :-)
Jenn

jbowman
11-22-2004, 02:40 PM
This is a Thanksgiving tradition in my family--very easy to make and so yummy!

Patrician Potatoes

8-10 potatoes
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 t. salt
garlic salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
paprika
butter

Pare potatoes, cook and drain. While potatoes are boiling, beat sour cream and cream cheese until fluffy. Season to taste with salt, garlic salt, and a little pepper. Spoon into a 2-quart casserole, brush top with melted butter, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until slightly brown. May be prepared ahead of time.

JLiebCamm
11-22-2004, 08:48 PM
This recipe is indulgent and yummy. It has quickly become a family tradition for us!

http://thanksgiving.allrecipes.com/az/BakedCorn.asp

mekiemom
11-22-2004, 09:03 PM
mmm, I think I'm going to try that one. Do you think it would work well in individual muffin tins? I'd like to make that to freeze later since we're only having 4 adults and a 2yr old. Thanks!
Jenn

mommd
11-22-2004, 09:15 PM
That sounds good! I'm interested in it. If you have time, can you post it or send it to me? Thanks.

crayonblue
11-22-2004, 10:22 PM
I made this exact recipe just last week! It is really, really good.

crayonblue
11-22-2004, 10:24 PM
That sounds REALLY good! I am always looking for something to do with greens. We ate a lot of greens growing up but they were all boiled with a ham bone (very Southern!).

mekiemom
11-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Sure Renee,
Here it is, it's pretty rich but oh so yummy. It's only once a year so why not enjoy the indulgence!

1 extra large can of sweet potatoes or 4 whole sweet potatoes
1 c. sugar
1 beaten egg
1/2 stick melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk

Mix all ingredients well and pour into pan (I usually use a 9/13)
Bake 20 minutes @ 350.

Topping:

1 c. crushed corn flakes
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3/4 stick butter

Melt butter, stir in sugar and remaining ingredients. Spread on top and bake another 20 minutes.