PDA

View Full Version : Baby Einstein Nature cards?? I think Rashmi mentioned them??

aliceinwonderland
11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
I think I read about these in one of the no TV/no loud toys thread?? Someone said they had them at Costco?? Are they in some sort of book form, becuase that's all we could find at Costco...What do they look like??

MANY thanks :)

kensjen
11-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Are you talking about these?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786818425/qid=1101140935/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/104-1887939-1291139

The are flash cards, in a box. I didn't see them at my Costco, but I would think they would be near the books. We don't have this set yet, I was just reading about them on Amazon.

HTH! :)

papal
11-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Actually, we have the ANIMAL discovery cards.. they were $9 at Target (or was it $10?).
Here is what the box looks like:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1892309807.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Leela loves them. We have put away the 'difficult' animals for now and given her the easy ones (bear, tiger, elephant, rabbit, dog, cat etc). She will bring them to us and say 'hnnmm' like 'read it' and we have to say the animal name and make the noise. These days she stacks them neatly and finds numerous other ways to entertain herself with them! Love these cards.. can't say enough about them! :)

ETA: Oh, the cover shows cartoon animals but the cards have pics of real animals.. just FYI.

aliceinwonderland
11-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks ladies. Looking for non-noisy toy alternatives, LOL.
But what do you know, my little boy's favorite toy right now is a Fisher price train with those silly blocks on top. Yes, it makes lots of noise, but in my defense it was a gift :):)

laretce6
11-22-2004, 12:01 PM
Just wanted to mention that kidsurplus has the animal cards for $5.99 right now.

Caroline
Mama to Eleanor Katherine 8.2.04

cuca_
11-22-2004, 12:10 PM
I bought DD the animal cards at Marshalls, and have also seen them at TJ Maxx. I Think I paid $6 or $7.

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

egoldber
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
There are several sets of these: Nature, Animal, Language (and a 4th set now whose name I cannot recall). Of these I would recommend the Nature and Animal cards.

We have them all and DD really likes them. She loves looking at them and talking about the pictures. I got them originally because her speech was delayed and they were a nice way to get her to imitate sounds. But she still really enjoys them.

We got all ours at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I think they are $7 a box there.

HTH,

wagner36
11-22-2004, 01:03 PM
Charlie's got the nature cards, and he likes them quite a bit. We got them as a gift - and we always threaten to murder the person that bought them for us because we are CONSTANTLY picking them off the floor and finding them stuck in weird places all over the house. He does know a lot of nature signs because of them though - and they are much better than the Playschool Wheels on the Bus song that plays over and over. We try to stay away from noisemaking toys too, but my sister buys us the noisiest stuff ever (and Charlie loves it all, of course)....