PDA

View Full Version : TV preferences

psophia17
11-22-2004, 03:58 PM
I discovered that DS loves The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross.

He was playing on the living room floor while I read the paper, and *gasp* I fell asleep. I woke up, and he was sitting in front of the TV watching with rapt attention. He's been exposed to more TV than I would like, but doesn't pay much attention. Not so with Bob Ross.

What does your DS/DD like that isn't a kid's show?

kelly ann
11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Usually DS turns off the tv once we switch to non-kid programming - how does he know the difference between kid and non-kid programming??? Anyway, lately the one thing he will not turn off is the Food Channel. Maybe it won't belong before I can sit back and have DS make me dinner ;) Of course, what is ironic is that he only eats about 3 or 4 kinds of food!

ETA: That is so funny that Bob Ross is a favorite! I had a roommate that would tape him (don't ask why!) and I would watch the show with her sometimes. He was a little odd, but a really nice guy. Maybe you have a little Van Gogh on your hands and I have an Emeril!

MartiesMom2B
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Apparently Martie loves the Lawrence Welk (sp?) show. My friend watched her while DH & I went to a wedding and she said that she was flipping channels and Martie whipped around to watch Lawrence Welk and loved it. Well she loves music, so that must be why.

-Sonia

psophia17
11-22-2004, 04:33 PM
I LOVED Lawrence Welk when I was a kid - I still watch it, when I'm all alone and there's no one around to pick on me...

jdm
11-22-2004, 04:44 PM
My son loves the Food Network as well. More specifically, he loves Good Eats. This is the only show(including kid's and videos) that he'll sit through.

June Mommy
11-23-2004, 12:54 AM
That is so funny! My brother (10 years younger) was SO hyper as a baby/toddler but he LOVED "the painting guy," as he called Bob Ross and would sit and watch the entire show! I had forgotten all about it until just this past weekend when DH was flipping the channels and we saw him...DS seemed to like him too! Who needs Baby Van Gogh ;)
ETA: DS also loves Survivor.

jubilee
11-23-2004, 01:46 AM
I think Martie likes the bubbles!! ;) I Lawrence Welk's "Goodnight... sleeptight... and pleasant dreams to you" song to Logan sometimes. My mom was such a fan of that show, I watched (unwillingly) for years.

deborah_r
11-23-2004, 01:49 AM
My son likes Good Eats too! A program that DH, DS and I all like!

JMarie
11-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Aidan also loves Food Network, especially anything with Rachel Ray. I think he's developing his first crush.

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03