PDA

View Full Version : BBB Knitters

MartiesMom2B
11-22-2004, 07:29 PM
What are you working on? I'm sure we have a lot of holiday projects out there. I love to hear what other people are knitting. Unfortunately the knittersreview boards drive me a little crazy. I'd like to see who else knits too.

Right now I'm working on a baby albert sweater that I'm having a ton of fun working on. I find it therapeutic to keep doing garter stitch, but I also like learning new techiniques too. I'm about to try my hand at some umbilical cord hats and I have to start a knit skull cap for my brother.

-Sonia

egoldber
11-22-2004, 07:42 PM
I have two projects currently underway. Right now, I'm working on the Windy City Scarf from "Stitch N B*tch" as a gift. If it turns out well, I may knit a couple more for gifts. Its pretty fast since it's only 40 inches long.

I am also about 2/3 of the way through a newborn wool soaker, but I decided to put that aside in favor of the scarf.

I also have a bag that I just need to sew the handles on and it will be done!

I just finished a ponch for DD who is not quite sure if she likes it or not! She says she likes it, but she wears it for 30 seconds and then takes it off, LOL! Oh well, it was fast to knit.

I have a whole array of projects ahead of me though. I scored some Debbie Bliss cotton yarn in the bargain bin of my LYS and I am going to make a baby blanket with matching hat from that. I also want to make a baby cardigan.

I was perusing "Stitch N B*tch Nation" (the new SNB book) at Barnes&Noble the other day. It has a ton of projects in it that I think are just super cute, and I plan to buy it if no one gets it for me for the holidays.

quikeye
11-22-2004, 08:57 PM
A rollneck sweater from D Bliss' Baby Knits (1 sleeve left), a raglan cardi http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/PATTdaisy.html (need to piece & finish neck), an adorable pr of self patterning socks on 2 circs for K (on hold, accidentally knit both sides of bth socks on 1 circ, have to unknit a row & restart)-- pattern from sock calculator http://www.panix.com/~ilaine/socks.html , & a teddy that I had to frog... tried a novelty yarn that I'm no good at :( so I'll re-try when I finish the sweaters :)

I'm hoping for s & b nation too, her 1st book got me started-- :)

MartiesMom2B
11-22-2004, 09:20 PM
Oooh I want to knit the windy city scarf too. Do you find that it's pretty easy to knit?

I'm also drooling over the fun little poncho in SnB book for me. I just think it's so fun looking!

-Sonia

RwnMayfair
11-22-2004, 09:21 PM
Right now just a simple scarf, but then again I just started knitting a few months ago and am still learning. So I think I'll have to finish the scarf before I move onto something more complicated. ;) On the bright side, I'm doing really well with the scarf!

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!

egoldber
11-22-2004, 10:33 PM
Yes the scarf is very easy. Its a simple K1P1 rib with a kehyole (basically a big buttonhole) for the scarf to loop through. I'm using a Patons Classic wool that I got at AC Moore and it looks nice I think.

I was looking at that poncho, it does look fun. :)

kitmama
11-22-2004, 10:43 PM
I am ALMOST done with a wool wrap-style diaper cover- I've finished the knitting part, but now I have to muddle my way through some crochet finishing. :) (I don't really know how to crochet, but I can sort of figure it out). I am also still working on a richly-textured poncho that has been my project for riding in the car or sitting in waiting rooms. I want to finish it before they go back out of style, though! ;)

After this, I'll start on a hat that I hope to give my sister for Christmas. I've made them fairly quickly before, so hopefully I'll knock it out.

MorganMom
11-22-2004, 10:44 PM
I"m working on 3prs of Voodoo Wristwarmers from the Knitty.com site- doing them in Koigu Kersti handpainted yarns so they are really cute and fun. Those are Xmas presents for assorted female relatives.

Also a sweater from the Yarns Girls' Guide to Kid Knits for this baby- tho it's a 1 yr size so he won't get to wear it till next year.

And a couple of garter stitch scarves for more Xmas presents.

I just finished the boatneck sweater from Debbie Bliss' Simple Knits for Babies and it's sooooo cute and quick. Def. a repeater for a baby shower gift.

Unfortunately my fingers are getting swollen and 'stupid' from late PG swelling, so I'm getting slower and slower w/my knitting. LOL HOping to finish all my projects before the baby!

hobey
11-22-2004, 11:01 PM
I just finished three felted purses from Noro Kureyon that I made for my girlfriends and I have to felt DS's new Christmas stocking.

Currently on the needles. A Berkshire pullover (Weekend Knitting pattern) for DH and a Lacy Poncho (ChicKnits pattern) for me.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

jec2
11-23-2004, 12:23 AM
Um, the same diaper soaker I've been "knitting" since september or october. There is even a knitting circle here at my apt. complex but have only managed to go once :( I suck!

MartiesMom2B
11-23-2004, 07:44 AM
I'm happy to see that we have so many knitters here!

-Sonia

KrisM
11-23-2004, 09:44 AM
For Christmas gifts, I'm making dish cloths by request of my SIL, and a simple scarf. I'm waiting on my yarn to start DS's Christmas stocking. That's my big hand-knitting project.

I'm also making a sweater for each of my nephews. One has a dumptruck and the other a backhoe that starts in the front and wraps to the back. They're neat looking. I haven't start those, either. But, those are on the machine, so it shouldn't take too long.

I also have a couple of baby blankets going, just in case I need them for gifts. I'm actually trying to get ahead on those.

KrisM
11-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Oops - double post.

sntm
11-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Ready to start the sleeves on a rollneck sweater knit in the round in Takhi New Tweed (merino/silk/microfiber blend) in a gorgeous rust color for Jack.

Just finished a scarf from the Little Box of Scarves where I substituted a local handpainted brown mohair yarn with Berroco quest in bronze for my great aunt.

Starting the hearts scarf from the breast cancer issue of Knitty in Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in a dark magenta for my mom. Same yarn in a berry stitch as a scarf for my sister.

Finished a long skinny novelty scarf with vertical stripes (eyelash yarn, ribbon yarn, and one with little flags) which may go to my SIL. Green tweed vertical rib scarf in wool/cotton for my dad. Tie-top hat knit in the round from SnB for my BIL or brother in the same yarn as Jack's sweater.

And someday, I will do a scarf for ME, and restart work on my own ballerina-wrap sweater.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif[/img][/url]
Breastfeeding 17 months and counting

christic
11-23-2004, 02:46 PM
Working on a throw using Patons Divine. It'a a large project but yarn and pattern are interesting enough that it's going pretty quickly. I owe my husband a pair of socks so will start those soon, probably with 1824 wool. Thanks for sock calculator above! Finished a poncho for my daughter, all except the fringe, but she HATES it :(.

MartiesMom2B
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
Chris:

We can commerserate together. I knitted a poncho for Martie which she hates. I haven't finished the poncho, but I think I'm going to make the fringe a little longer in the hopes, that she'll like it next year (please - let ponchos be in style still next year)

-Sonia

tarahsolazy
11-23-2004, 05:43 PM
I am working on a Little Turtle Knits pilot hat for my new nephew, I love that pattern.
I just dyed some Lamb's Pride Bulky for a pair of pants for DS, I plan to cast those on after the hat. Also plan to knit some apple hats for my neices.

KrisM
11-24-2004, 08:38 PM
My big box of yarn for the Christmas stockings came today. I was very excited! I love getting yarn. The directions call for a 16" circular needle. I started the pattern and found that trying to use the circular is just about impossible - the circle is too small for the needles. So, I had to go out, in the snow, to buy a set of size 8 double pointeds. So far, so good. It's much easier on the dps. I wish I had considered that in the beginning!

Onto knitting...