PDA

View Full Version : Rashmi did it again! Our Christmas card!!!

etwahl
11-22-2004, 10:11 PM
I know I don't post here much anymore, but I had to come out of hiding to show you all Rashmi's beauuutiful work!!! She is so talented and creative and I love what she's done for us. I'm just so excited to get these printed (at shutterfly) and send them out. Christmas cards will be exciting this year!!!

Tammy,
mom to Lauren (March 2003)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17530.jpg

Marisa6826
11-22-2004, 10:15 PM
BEAUTIFUL! I love the quote and I simply can not get over Lauren being a LITTLE GIRL!!!

Where has the time gone??!

hugs

-m

missym
11-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Tammy! I was just thinking about you earlier today, wondering how you and Lauren were doing. She looks like such a little girl... they're really not babies anymore, are they?

The card is beautiful, thanks for sharing it. I hope things are going well for you.

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif
20 months and counting!

etwahl
11-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Rashmi said she wanted to use a "peace" quote because unfortunately, Evan will be going back to Iraq in February :( We're pretty devastated about it, but what can you do?! He will be gone most likely between four and six months. Anyway, she found this great quote and I love it!!! Rashmi's a real star! Love that girl!

Tammy,

jbowman
11-22-2004, 10:28 PM
What a wonderful card! Your DD is so precious!

Marisa6826
11-22-2004, 10:29 PM
I can't believe they're sending him back! For some reason I thought he got out of the military.

We're here for you Girlie!

hugs

-m

papal
11-22-2004, 10:31 PM
:)

For those of you who were wondering (and i KNOW there are some of you who were wondering... here was the 'inspiration' for this card (well, apart from beautiful little Lauren of course!)..
http://www.homegrownphotos.com/hcard_detail8.htm

Thanks Kerry for that website. :)

mudder17
11-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Rashmi, you definitely did it again! I love the quote and it is (unfortunately) most appropriate for their family. Tammy, I'm so sorry that Evan has to go back to Iraq after the holidays. You know we'll be here for you!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

jd11365
11-22-2004, 10:56 PM
TAMMY!!! Yea! I've totally missed you and Lauren on these boards! She's absolutely beautiful! I'm so sorry Evan is going back to Iraq...I don't know how you do it. Thanks so much for sharing the pic, and the beautiful quote!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

etwahl
11-22-2004, 10:59 PM
thanks for missing me! Maybe I'll have to pop my head in her more often :)

Tammy,

Vajrastorm
11-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Gorgeous card, gorgeous little girl.

Nice to "see" you, its been awhile.

I'm so sorry about Evan's redeployment. I'll be thinking of him, and all the other soldiers who are in Iraq.

Tondi G
11-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Oh Tammy... so good to see you and Lauren is absolutely Beautiful! It feels like it has been forever.... I can't believe how much she has grown! Rashmi did a fabulous job.... your friends and family are going to love them!

I am so sorry that Evan is going to be deployed again.... but we are here for you! HUGS

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
EDD of lil man #2 5/5/05

Dcclerk
11-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Good to see you, Tammy. And look how much your Lauren has grown! Rashmi, you have done another fabulous job. I'm glad to see that website has inspired others. :)

starrynight
11-23-2004, 12:33 AM
Ok Tammy do you have esp or something?? I literally thought of you yesterday morning because I haven't seen you here much and it was one of those "hmm wonder how Tammy and Lauren are.." She is gorgeous, and getting so big!!

Rashmi, you did it again!! Wonderful work, the card looks awesome. :D

ETA: Godspeed to Evan in Feb. I'm hoping for you guys it's closer to 4 months than 6, you guys will be in my thoughts next year. Word is my dh is going over next Sept. :(.

jubilee
11-23-2004, 01:52 AM
Tammy, I'm so glad you've posted! I have been thinking of you, and missing you too. You have quite a darling little girl- Lauren has really grown up to be a little heartbreaker! :) What a great card! I am sorry to hear that Evan may be deployed again. Let us help you through that time,

bluej
11-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Rashmi you did a great job!

Tammy, Lauren is such a litte girl! Wow has she grown! What a beauty she is. My prayers will be with Evan while he's in Iraq and of course with you and Lauren as well.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-23-2004, 07:51 AM
I can't beleive how Lauren has grown!!!!
She is adorable!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

LucyG
11-23-2004, 08:09 AM
Tammy,

The card is gorgeous! Lauren is a beautiful little girl! I miss seeing you around here. It seems like just yesterday that we were pregnant and you were answering all of my questions about video cameras!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

mary b
11-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Lauren,

The card is amazing!!! Rashmi rocks!!!! I can't believe how much Lauren has grown! She is so cute!

So sorry Evan has to go back to Iraq!! Please take care and we love seeing you here again!!

Mary

houseof3boys
11-23-2004, 09:26 AM
Gorgeous and it's just your style. :)

steph2003
11-23-2004, 09:30 AM
That is gorgeous (you had a lovely subject to work with as well!) I just love the quote - perfect!!!

momma_boo
11-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Wow. Rashmi, you do such amazing work all the time!

Tammy - so glad that you came out of hiding. I have been wondering how you, Evan and Lauren were doing (especially since Lauren and Sarah are so close in age - just a few days apart, if I remember correctly).

It's great to see such wonderful pictures of her!

jamsmu
11-23-2004, 02:47 PM
The card, and Lauren, are beautiful!!

Tammy, we miss you! Please be well. We're all wishing Evan's time away is short and successful. Weren't you looking to start a store? Whatever happened with that?

candybomiller
11-23-2004, 03:07 PM
I've missed you! (((((HUGS))))) to you and Lauren and Evan.

I love your card. Rashmi is brilliant, isn't she!?!

tippy
11-23-2004, 09:24 PM
Tammy,
Sorry to here about your DH's re-deployment. Praying for his speady and safe return.

Rashmi,
Yours is so much nicer! You are truly gifted. You've probably been asked this hundreds of times but have you considered going into business for yourself - if not now than sometime in the future. The cards you have put together are always so much nicer than any that I see "out there". I wouldn’t hesitate to be a customer.

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

ETA: It helps that you had such a cute subject to work with! Lauren is adorable!

HoneymoonBaby
11-23-2004, 09:37 PM
What program did you use to make the card?

It looks beautiful.

papal
11-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Yooohooo! Haven't seen you in these parts for so long! Hope everything is well and baby Ian is doing fine.
I used Photoshop Elements 2.0. I believe it is selling for $40 now, so quite a deal!

mysweetboy
11-24-2004, 12:08 AM
What a beautiful card and message. :)

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

barbarhow
11-24-2004, 08:38 AM
Love it! Love it! Love it! And what a treat of a way to see Lauren. Have missed you Tammy. So sorry to hear that Evan has to go back. I hope you will be able to put thoughts of that aside and truly enjoy the holidays. Welcome back.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

firsttimemommy
11-24-2004, 09:20 AM
I've been thinking about buying Photoshop Elements for some time - After seeing Rashmi's beautiful work and what program she used, it inspired me to go ahead and get it.

I found Elements 2.0 (the one Rashmi has - it is the older version, but a great deal to at least try it before I decide to invest in a newer,more expensive version) here:

http://www.softwareoutlet.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=0325

or www.softwareoutlet.com

for $30 plus $4.95 shipping - it is a full version, not an upgrade!

Ronda
Proud Mommy to Jenna Leigh 1/03 and Jake 4/04

"If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you" ~ Winnie the Pooh

deborah_r
11-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Tammy,

It's great to "see" you! Lauren is so beautiful, and wow she's gotten so big! PLease come around more...we miss you!

I hope you and your family have very happy holidays!