PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift for Babysitter

jayali
11-23-2004, 10:28 AM
I found THE BEST babysitter in the world and use her 3 mornings a week. I have only been using her for a short time, about 1 month, but want to make sure she knows how much we appreciate her.

Tomorrow, Matthew will be bringing her a Thanksgiving centerpiece because he is thankful for her! But the real dilemma is what to get her for Christmas. I would normally think about giving her money, but I feel funny because of the way our relationship has developed. We are becoming friends and she is really giving me good advice so she is almost like a grandmother to Matthew.

Does anyone have any ideas about what a good gift would be. I Love this woman, so money is not an object.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

cdlamis
11-23-2004, 10:47 AM
I am a spa girl at heart and LOVE getting gift certificates to a spa for massage, facial, etc. It is a way to pamper her and probably something she would not purchase for herself ($$).

How nice of you!

*ETA- I guess I didn't read your whole post and didn't realize she may be older. She may still like the spa certificate. I know my grandma has never had a manicure and loved her first one last year. You probably know her better though.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
And another little girl EDD 12-30-04!!

Marisa6826
11-23-2004, 10:50 AM
If she's an older Grandma type, what about a gift certificate for a nice dinner someplace?

Another option would be a g/c for someplace like Barnes and Noble.

-m

lukkykatt
11-23-2004, 03:05 PM
We have always gotten our babysitter an Amex or mall gift cert, so it could be used in a number of different places.