PDA

View Full Version : Did your hospital have internet access?

Marisa6826
11-23-2004, 11:42 AM
I was having high hopes that mine would, but it seems not. :(

Guess somebody is going to have to take notes for me for a week :P

-m

dowlinal
11-23-2004, 11:53 AM
No internet access but I did have the same room that Catherine Zeta Jones was in.

We can cut and paste interesting threads into emails for Jonathan or if you start to go through withdrawl we can call and read the boards to you over the phone. :P

momma_boo
11-23-2004, 12:04 PM
You must be in Jersey, Alexis!

Unless you are referring to Catherine Zeta Jones' first baby. Not sure where she had him, but I do remember she had her second one at Valley Hospital.

I had mine at Englewood and will be there for #2. My doc is next door to the hospital, so it's the one and only hospital they use.

kthomp
11-23-2004, 12:06 PM
There wasn't internet access at my hospital, or at least not public. But it was a small hospital, I know some of the bigger ones in Boston offered a computer for posting announcements etc.

I can't believe that you will be holding Amelia next Friday!

momma_boo
11-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Hmm. It didn't even occur to me that hospitals would have internet access. I suppose a wireless network would be a major no-no (since they already ban cell-phones. But I'm not a computer person).

Should we take turns printing out threads and fed-ex'ing them to the hospital? LOL!

dowlinal
11-23-2004, 12:09 PM
Yep I had Madeline at Valley. I somehow ended up in an enormous private room and was told that it was where she had stayed.

I've heard good things about Englewood. I would love to have my next at Holy Name because its all private rooms and is supposed to be fabulous.

slknight
11-23-2004, 12:17 PM
I just took a phone cord, and went dial-up while I was there. It's slow, but when you need an Internet fix, it's better than nothing. ;-) I've got a Netzero account for when I need dial-up access, since I'm usually on wireless cable modem at home.

Marisa6826
11-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Actually, cells are allowed on the Post Partum ward. Saved me a load of cash last time around ;).

I thought about doing dialup, but since we have a Comcast cable modem, I don't think that's an option x(.

You all better be good for Rachel while I'm gone! ;) :P

-m

vpalmer
11-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Marisa,

Could you sign up for a free trial of AOL? I am pretty sure you get 30 (or maybe 45 now) days free and you can cancel before they begin billing you. I think this info is correct although I have not done it personally. It may be an option though. :-)

Veronica
Mom to Eva
Born 6-03

Marisa6826
11-23-2004, 01:52 PM
Funny thing is, when we came home from the hospital with Sophie, she came with 100 hours of AOL!!! ;)

Wonder what Amelia is good for :P

-m

starrynight
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Nope, but it was a small military hospital that I had the girls in and ds was born too long ago for the internet to be as big as it is now.

candybomiller
11-23-2004, 03:04 PM
M,

It cracks me up that THIS is what you're worried about. :)
(((((BIG HUGS))))) girlfriend.

COElizabeth
11-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Yes, mine had internet access via ethernet, but we did not use it. If I'd had a longer stay like you will have I probably would have brought DH's laptop!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

Marisa6826
11-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, the food sucks beyond reason there and there's only so much freaking Law and Order a girl can watch for five or six days!!!! ;)

-m

pritchettzoo
11-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Heck, I'm just glad there weren't any cats being operated on in the room where I had my c/s.

Joking! It's not that backwoods here. This was the reason a pregnant friend from grad school moved back to the US from some resort place where her hubby was a chef--her MIL fell and broke her arm, needing surgery for the setting. MIL reported that her surgeon was smoking before she was out and there was a cat undergoing a procedure (separated by a curtain) next to her...

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

Marisa6826
11-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Oh geez. Did she hopefully get a discount?

Sounds like something off of Nip/Tuck!

-m

C99
11-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Mine does. In fact, my husband dialed-in to our old ISP on his laptop and gave it to me during my lonnnng wait for the pitociin to kick in.