PDA

View Full Version : Regular nap schedule at what age?

Elilly
11-23-2004, 09:46 PM
DS will be 12 weeks soon and I was trying to remember when DD started a "regular" nap schedule. Anyone know when their DC did this? Not that I am rushing Graham, but he eats, is awake for an hour or so and then sleeps for an hour, is up for an for an hour and then eats again. It would just be nice to establish a longer nap time rather than having very frequent ones. It's hard to get all of my errands done while trying to make sure that he is adjusting to his crib for naps. Thanks!

jec2
11-23-2004, 09:51 PM
9 months. Sorry, hate to say it. But, it took us 9 months to figure it all out. It was the day after our 9 month check-up and I had decided I would just change my attitude and quit pushing the naps. Now, there are 2 naps/day and they are really predictable.

I would recommend reading Weissbluth. I wish I had know about him before DS was 8 months old.

C99
11-23-2004, 10:43 PM
It took Nathaniel until he was close to, if not at, 1 year to develop a nap schedule. And he didn't take 1 long nap until he was about 14-15 months of age.

mysweetboy
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Charlie started getting on a nap schedule at 5 months....around the same time he began sleeping better at night. Weissbluth is what really helped me figure out the nap thing. Charlie now takes 2 naps/day and today took a 2.5 hr afternoon nap....the longest yet!

Lori
mommy to Charlie, 6 months old!

missmelis01
11-24-2004, 12:24 AM
My pediatrician said don't even try to get your baby on a schedule until after 4 months. My DS got on a nap schedule somewhere between 4 and 5 months, but I think that had a lot to do with the fact that I was back at work and my Mom was a little more regimented with naps than I was.... :-)

KrisM
11-24-2004, 08:17 AM
We're almost 7 months and still waiting for a true schedule. We mostly have a routine, but it really depends on a lot of things. However, for us, naps got a little longer than an hour at about 5 months. Until then, they were 45min-1 hour. Now, they're 1.5-2 hours.

Elilly
11-24-2004, 09:21 AM
I'm thinking that this was the age when DD started a regular schedule too. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't expecting too much too soon!

mudder17
11-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Ha, ha, 9 months and we're still working on a schedule. We THINK if we put her down around 9:00 (+/- 30 min.), she'll go down for along nap and quite frequently, she does nap for almost 2 hours. But then we can't figure out the afternoon nap and some days she'll take a 30 minute nap and other days a 15 minute nap or 1 hour nap. I know it's backwards because Weissbluth says the afternoon nap should be longer, but we're not sure how to switch her to that. I'm afraid that if I wake her early from her morning nap, she won't get a long afternoon nap anyway, and then she'll be sleep deprived by the time her bedtime rolls around.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting