PDA

View Full Version : My laundry is blue

KrisM
11-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I washed a new pair of jeans with some light colored towels. The towels aren't anything special and that's why I threw them in. But, the towels are now streaked with a bit of blue from the jeans. I've never had jeans leak before! Anyone know how to get the blue out of the towels?

Thanks!

parkersmama
11-24-2004, 12:40 PM
I have a pair of jeans that have been doing this, too! If you haven't dried them, re-wash the towels with detergent (on cold) and a Shout Color Catcher sheet. You can find them at Target, etc, in the laundry section. HTH!

trumansmom
11-24-2004, 12:41 PM
I have learned about the amazing powers of Oxyclean from the women on this board! However, I've never tried anything that large. If you have a big utility sink, I would fill it 3/4 of the way full with the hottest water you can get. Then I would add about 15-20 scoops. It will foam up! After it foams, add the towels and let it sit for 24-48 hours and then re-wash.

I'm making this up based on what I was told for smaller items that worked. Someone else may have a better idea.

Good luck! I HATE dingy towels!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

searchdog
11-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Something faded on a top of DD, part of my favorite outfit of course. I used Clorox Oxygen Action and it took the blue off. I use hot water and a scoop of the clorox stuff and put it in a bucket and let it soak for several hours and then ran it through the wash again and it is perfect again. So it might be worth a try.

Edit: looks like I was posting at the same time as others. BTW the clorox stuff is just like oxyclean just a different brand so I would definatly try one of those type products.

KrisM
11-24-2004, 01:10 PM
Sounds like I'll try this. I've dried them already, so Denise's idea is out. I'm off to Target to get some Oxyclean!

You know, it doesn't really look blue, but does look dingy. That's what bugging me about them. If they were more obviously blue, I might not care as much.

Thanks.