PDA

View Full Version : Will you be shopping on Black Friday?

s_gosney
11-24-2004, 03:21 PM

amp
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I voted no. But I must amend that to say we won't be out shopping like the other fools. That doesn't mean I won't pop into Target or Walmart or the groc. store at some point in the day, but it could just as easily be put off. We aren't looking for any deals or anything in particular...just your run of the mill stuff....like food.

candybomiller
11-24-2004, 03:56 PM
I probably will be shopping, but even worse.... I'll be working!! Pray for me. :)

usfrph
11-24-2004, 04:26 PM
You should add an option for us who haven't decided yet :-)
I've always wanted to check it out but have always decided I couldn't be bothered last minute.

lmintzer
11-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Not a chance! In fact, I try to avoid most stores between Thanksgiving and Christmas whenever possible!!! God bless the internet!

kathsmom
11-24-2004, 05:07 PM
I'll admit it! My name is Toni and I love shopping the day after Thanksgiving! My mom comes down on Thanksgiving afternoon (after eating lunch at my brother's home) and we get the newspaper and start plotting our strategy. DH just shakes his head and thanks his lucky stars that Katherine hates to shop and Andrew is just too young to even realize what's going on.

We make an all day event of it and I love the thrill of getting a bargain! The one thing I hate is when it's time to eat - there are no spots available in the food court! The overall day is fun though. Wish me luck on Friday!

redhookmom
11-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I will be shopping from my computer chair. I make my lists, check them 123x, and then place the orders Black Friday.

nwaddellr
11-24-2004, 05:58 PM
I did all my mall shopping yesterday so now I don't have to go into another brick-and-mortar store before Christmas if I don't want to. I also love the power of the Internet!!!

mattiew
11-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Voted no way...it's DDs 2nd birthday!!! I will have to make a grocery store run but I figured Friday would be better than today's pre-Thanksgiving rush and the grocery store doesn't count as shopping to me, it's a chore : )

I sort of wish I could go though.....
Carrie

Melanie
11-25-2004, 04:24 AM
>I probably will be shopping, but even worse.... I'll be
>working!! Pray for me. :)

Good Luck to you Candy! I wear the badge of "Four Christmas Seasons" when I worked mall retail. That is how we all counted our time there.

Joshuasmommy
11-25-2004, 06:34 AM
I won't be shopping the sales that day as it is my sons first birthday. My mom and I will be going to the grocery store though to get food for his party on Saturday if that counts. I usually don't do a ton of shopping on Black Friday unless it is to more boutique type shops that aren't as busy as the big stores and malls.

amazz
11-26-2004, 12:05 PM
I voted that we will when we get around to it. The last couple of years it actually hasn't been that bad--not any worse than a regular Saturday. Tim had to work today and I am going to go to a HS football game (my home town is ranked #4 in the state!! That is saying something since there are over 200 schools in our class in Texas!!) and then we will probably go after that. Kami needs some clothes for pictures and I just need some clothes period so that is what we will mainly go for.

Hey Andrea...does that qualify me as one of the fools? :P ;)

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

momma_boo
11-26-2004, 12:31 PM
I voted no. But it isn't like I have much choice. I'm actually at work today. Nobody is here. I've been on the boards and trying to make a Christmas card most of the morning (wasn't too successful with the card since I can't seem to get my camera and work computer to work together).

DH is home with DD (he's off - the governor declared it a holiday - DH is a state employee; DD's daycare is closed). He's already called twice and keeps asking when I'll be home. I'm going to try to sneak out around 1:45-2:00. Not that I have to "sneak." My boss and her boss are both out!