PDA

View Full Version : Blanket fort = calm, quiet day!

deborah_r
11-24-2004, 08:13 PM
I needed to get my blankets a little bit dryer, since the dryer didn't completely do it, and I did not want to feed it more quarters. So I started moving my dining chairs around to hang blankets over them, and ended up building a fort for Kai. It has been a wonderful thing. He wants to sit in there with me and read books and just cuddle. It has some kind of soothing effect on him. I think it is great for a day when you are not up to stopping your child from tearing all around the house, because it kind of focuses them on one playing spot.

And everytime I go in there, I want to take a nap, so I guess it has a soothing effect on me too! The cats and the dog keep wanting to come in too, so I had to make it bigger. It could only be better if I had a wireless laptop to take in there with me! Well, while I'm dreaming, someone to bring me food and give me a pedicure would be nice too! And clean my house while I'm in there!

pritchettzoo
11-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Blanket forts! I love them! My granny actually sewed a special house cover for a square card table, and we'd connect it with blankets to make a huge house.

And ITA with the blanket resort idea. ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)