PDA

View Full Version : Neve ... I am thinking of you and your family...

stella
11-24-2004, 09:24 PM
I am sure that the situation in the Ukraine has you on the edge of your seat and I know you must be worried. Try to hang in there and stay positive - it sounds like some top diplomats are willing to get involved. That must be good news. I just hope that it resolves quickly - and just want you to know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Praying for peace...

kelly ann
11-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Thinking positive thoughts for you and your family as well - the political situation was on the front page of our paper today and I thought about your travels for your children. I will keep my fingers crossed for a safe and successful trip.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Really what other obstacle can god or whoever want us to climb I swear...
I have done a good job trying to be positive and all that matters is getting our children out of there and fears of a future "hold" on Ukraine adoptions etc... is of course more than I can think of right now. The only thing that could really hurt us is if they strike (which I have no doubt will happen) and who knows what that could involve and how long a wait could be, and of course I can't stay after a certain amount of time.
I know many are worried about a civil war, and I suspect that could easily happen, but they take time to really fuel and burn so that wouldn't effect us as much as a strike and the closing of the NAC, and the courts etc... I mean that would make the adoption null and void I suspect. and then if we fall in love an meet our children and then the strike happens.

I am so proud of the people of Ukraine, and they are forcing the world to know who they are and many are being educated for the first times about what they all have been thru and how life is over there. Even Jim Leher on PBS news last night seemed so uneducated on Ukraine and didn't even know the political figures names involved. He seemed so in shock that this story came out of no where.

I do know the NAC is open (that is where people get referals) and people are getting their appts. My team is so upset over the elections but are still working hard for their clients, they amaze me. Trains are not going into Kiev, but they had one mom who had court yesterday in region and they actually convinced an empty train to take her as close to Kiev as they could so she can get home...

anyway I am rambling...but thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts...they mean the world to me...and we certainly need them in these next 6 weeks.

Hugs,

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

barbarhow
11-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Oh Neve-this is so unfair! What else can happen? Those will be some really lucky children who get you. My thoughts are with you, Steve, Tristan and baby to be. I hope you can relax and enjoy the holiday. Thinking of you.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

sunny2003
11-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Sending big hugs and good wishes to you! Hope that you all remain safe and happy and are together soon! Happy Thanksgiving and much love!

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

Tondi G
11-25-2004, 01:04 PM
You have been in my thoughts everytime I see something on the news!!!! my prayers are with you that you get over there as planned, get your kiddos and get home safely!!!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!! HUGS

~Tondi

candybomiller
11-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Neve,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay optimistic Mama! Big Hugs to you all.

jamsmu
11-26-2004, 12:26 AM
Thought of you this morning when I saw the front page of the paper. Hope things work out well. You have such an optomistic attitude--I'm sure that is helping.

jubilee
11-26-2004, 03:54 AM
Neve, I keep thinking of you as I hear more and more about this situation in the Ukraine. I hope these events will inspire your judge to waive the 30 day wait no matter what section of the Ukraine you adopt from. The "labor pains" you have had to go through for this paper-pregnancy have been unreal. Hugs to you and Steve,

mudder17
11-26-2004, 07:10 AM
Neve, your faith continues to amaze and inspire me, and I think it's your faith that has allowed all of this to work out so far. Keep the faith--I know it's especially difficult right now, but I also know that God will bring those children home to you. I will continue to keep your family, your future children, and the Ukraine in my prayers.

Big Hugs,

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

JLiebCamm
11-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Sending good thoughts your way, Neve.