PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor

gour0
11-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Everybody happy with the outcome? It is such an unreal experience and then to be apart for three months. Tomorrow will be the beginning IMO. I wonder how they will do. I like that he is planning to move near her Family. And, I'm glad they haven't set the date already. How can you go from 25 'relationships' straight to marriage? Bizarre show, but fun.
Is it funny to anyone else that the Bachelorette is from a failed Bachelor 'match'?

friedmana1
11-25-2004, 12:01 AM
ACK!!!!!!!!!! TIVO didn't tape it!! Does anyone have a tape that they can lend me of it? I will pay for postage. :) PLEASE!

Aimee
Mother to Leah 10/26/02

Grace_underfire
11-25-2004, 12:52 AM
Who won? I missed it!

priscilla73
11-25-2004, 01:54 AM
I love the watch The Bachelor and Bachelorette but I am really disappointed that they brought back Jen from a failed Bachelor match. I think they should have brougt in a new face! I doubt I will watch the new one.

I am happy with Mary ended up with Byron. She seems like a sweet lady.

amp
11-25-2004, 08:22 AM
So, so happy! I was rooting for Mary and I'm glad she won. I hate to admit that the proposal made me cry!

mykidzmom
11-25-2004, 08:25 AM
I can't remember, was Mary the dark haired one or the blond special ed teacher? I watched some of it, but had to leave before the ending!

g-mama
11-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Mary was the dark haired one. I'm so happy she won!

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

kelly ann
11-25-2004, 08:29 AM
I agree about bringing Jen back. At first I thought it was a good idea, but all those promos started turning me off. They dated for many months and it just wasn't meant to be. She wasn't rejected on national tv and felt led on like other women. Unlike you, I will still watch the show though ;)

I am happy Mary got chosen. Albeit cheesy, I thought the proposal was more heartfelt and romantic than others...especially better than the one-way ticket proposal of the previous bachelor.

Momof3Labs
11-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I'm very happy that Mary won! Curious to see if they break the pattern of all the past Bachelor shows, though. They are more mature and know what they want better than some of the others, so perhaps this one has some staying power. We'll see....

I'm really annoyed that Jen is going to be the Bachelorette. She had her chance, she won, and it didn't work out. She should be on her own now, IMO!

g-mama
11-25-2004, 07:58 PM
I wondered if any of the ladies on this season's Bachelor felt the same way about Mary as you've said about Jen. Mary was on the show once, got pretty far, and then it was over. And this season began with the 25 women but just as a twist, they brought in two women from past seasons and then one of those two "extras" won. I wonder if anyone thought it was unfair.

I personally don't care and think Mary is fabulous and thought that in the aftershow there was something very real between them like I haven't seen in many other seasons, except for Ryan and Trista. But, who really knows?? Only time will tell.

Kristen
Paolo 11-00
Benjamin 8-03

Momof3Labs
11-25-2004, 10:32 PM
I considered that (and I'm sure that those catty women thought that and more about Mary) but since Mary didn't win last time, it's not quite the same. And they've chosen other bachelors and bachelorettes from previous shows (Trista and Bob, plus probably some others).

jamsmu
11-26-2004, 12:18 AM
She may have been an extra, but clearly the "right" woman for him. I thought about it being "unfair" but should anything be fair when it comes to love?

I really do think it will work out. They seem to truly love each other. SO much more so than Bob and Estella!

As for Jen, kinda impartial, but I'm sure I'll be hooked. And on a new night when I don't watch anything anyway--perfect! Now I can watch Bachelorette AND West Wing without flipping stations!

jubilee
11-26-2004, 04:02 AM
I've got it and the "After the Rose" special on tape, if you want it I can mail it for the postage cost. Just email me and let me know how you want it sent priority, parcel post (takes longer), or media mail (takes forever).

jubilee
11-26-2004, 04:10 AM
I thought Byron was very tricky (in a good way) with Mary. When he said he "couldn't do it..." I thought (and she must have thought too) that he wasn't going to propose. But then he said again that he "couldn't do it... couldn't go on another day without her as his wife". I started crying!! He really played that proposal well. :)

As for Tanya, I thought Byron was tricky in a bad way. He said he knew for 8-10 days that he was going to pick Mary, but he still played her along. I'm sure the show producers told him he had to- they wanted us in suspense. But I can't imagine how cruddy she felt afterwards. She tried to talk to him in the "After the Rose" show, but he was defensive in my opinion. I hope that Tanya will come back as a Bachelorette in the future. Frankly I thought he was going to pick her and was surprised when he didn't, so it would be nice for her to get her pick of 25 guys!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-26-2004, 08:54 AM
and if the show asked for such a thing it is enough to make me boycott it it was very disturbing. I don't like women's feelings messed with that way, I mean that was uncalled for...

with that said I am so glad that he chose Mary!!!!!
he impressed me in this show (aside from the way he treated Tanya)!!!
and I really think the losers are LOSERS when they confront the guys in the 'after show"...I mean move on, you don't need answers 3 months after the event...and you signed up for it!!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

gour0
11-26-2004, 04:34 PM
It sounds like they begged Tanya to come on that show. I thought she was very civil and wished them well. Considering the fact that she couldn't even talk about the outcome with her mother or closest friends, I think a little clarification was in order. An apology would have even been better! But, yes, they all signed up for this bizarre experiment, so they can't really complain about how difficult it was.