PDA

View Full Version : What are you thankful for?

crayonblue
11-25-2004, 09:51 AM
This year I have a lot to be thankful for:

1. A healthy, busy, happy one year old who is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! (after one night of CIO)

2. An extremely helpful, sweet husband who is not working at the moment and has gotten up to take care of Lauren in the morning for weeks so that I can sleep in. He is so wonderful with Lauren.

3. A husband who loves me and would do most anything for me.

4. A new house. We love our new house and have wonderful neighbors.

jbowman
11-25-2004, 10:05 AM
I am so thankful for:

1) Ellie--she is the most important thing in the world to us! I can't believe she's almost a year old.

2) my husband--the funniest and kindest person that I have ever met. He is always so supportive of me. And we are (usually) on the same page about things!

3) being a professor--I LOVE what I do--I get to talk about art everyday (and I have been able to spend a lot of time with Ellie).

4) that I am having two articles published! I love researching and writing and feel as if my career is really "taking off".

5) my family and friends. Always there, always with humor.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am also thankful for the wonderful people on these boards--what support you've given me! I honestly believe I am a better parent b/c of your support/advice/help.

lisams
11-25-2004, 10:39 AM
Right now we are thankful DD is out of the hospital! We went to the ER Sun night because she was breathing fast and coughing hard, to find out she has pneumonia :-(. She absolutely hated being hooked up to oxygen and an IV, talk about toddler torture! She is doing MUCH better here at home.

So we are thankful for her getting better and for the wonderful nurses and doctors that worked so hard to help get Emma better. They are our heros - I have a new found appreciation for those who work in the pediatric ward at the hospital.

Happy Thanksgiing!!!!
Lisa

barbarhow
11-25-2004, 10:49 AM
1. My husband! He is the most amazing man. He is my biggest support and unfailing fan even when I'm down 6 runs in the bottom of the 9th-he still tells me I am going to win. I love him so much.
1. (they're tied for first place) Jack. He is an amazing little boy-must take after his Daddy. He makes me wake up with a smile every morning and go to bed with one every night. He keeps me young at heart even on the days when I feel like I am a hundred.
2. My healthy pregnancy.
3. My sister who is a huge support to me.
4. A great job that I love and that enables me to help people. So rewarding.
So much more.....
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

kathsmom
11-25-2004, 11:35 AM
I am thankful for:

1. My DH who is always supportive of me and works so hard so that I can stay home with the children

2. Katherine and Andrew. They are the lights of my life!

3. Our families who are always there for us.

4. Our friends

5. Our church family

Happy Thanksgiving!

candybomiller
11-25-2004, 01:34 PM
I don't even know where to begin. Our lives are filled with so many blessings that it's quite easy to take any one of them for granted.

I'm thankful for my family, that everyone is healthy and happy. I'm thankful for my friends, both "real" and "imaginary." I NEVER would have survived Matt's first year without the support I found on these boards. I'm thankful that I've managed to make a difference in the life of others (or so I've been told). I'm thankful that we're able to pay our heating bill without any trouble each month. I'm thankful that we're able to buy food to eat without having to stress about from where the money is coming. I'm grateful for my education, and the opportunity to use that education to give other people things for which to be thankful. I'm thankful that I have a house that fulfills all of our needs.

Unfortunately, my thankfulness is a double edged sword. I also feel so guilty that I have all these blessings when other people have so little. :(

Elilly
11-25-2004, 08:14 PM
A healthy, loving, and completely wonderful family, a roof over our head, and the realization that we do have it all and anything else is just icing on the cake.
We were at mass last night and the priest said that Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday, even more so than Christmas or Easter, which I thought a bit odd coming from a priest. He said that it is the one holiday that doesn't require presents, just your presence, doesn't need a "mascot" (Santa or the Easter Bunny), and when everyone can just be themselves (even if that means taking a nap in the middle of the day). Here's to hoping that everyone enjoyed the simplicity of the holiday (even if you slaved in the kitchen all day)and was able to remember what makes it so special for you.

babymama
11-25-2004, 08:51 PM
I am thankful for so much!

I am so deeply thankful for my husband and son. They are my life.

I am thankful for our health. So many terrible things could happen to us, but they haven't - so for that I am thankful.

I am thankful for my friends (including you all here). My friends help keep me grounded.

I am thankful for opportunities that I have had in my life that have brought me to where I am now.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

mudder17
11-25-2004, 09:13 PM
I have so much to be thankful for, I don't know where to begin. Looking back at my life, I see so many ways I've been blessed!

Kaya is an absolutely joy, and has been such a blessing to me and DH. I love how he is with her and it's so wonderful to see them develop a positive and loving relationship. I love our house and neighborhood, especially the wonderful neighbors who have been a great support to us and who we love getting together with. We watch their house/pets when they're gone and vice versa. I love our church, where we've made many friends and where we've learned how to strengthen our relationship with God. I feel so blessed to have the family that I was born into and for DH to have the family that he was born into. We have great relationships with all of them, both direct and in-laws. I am thankful for the friends that I've made here on the boards and here in Baltimore. The support I've received from all of you have made this first year with Kaya such a positive one. Thank you for that.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

pixelprincess
11-25-2004, 09:20 PM
My family, wonderful IL's, our health and happiness. Above all, our little miracle test tube baby boy that was conceived after three years of infertility. I can't imagine our life without him.

tippy
11-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Lisa,

EEEKKK! So sorry your dd was so sick! Glad she's feeling better though and that you got to enjoy your holiday.
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

tippy
11-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm so glad you started this thread. Lately I've been comparing my insides to everyone else's outsides and feeling a bit sorry for myself. After reading everyone else’s responses it dawned on me that I started feeling this way when we drifted from our Church. I know that in the past my relationship with my higher power would have been first on this list. Usually from there, all things follow. So it is no surprise that I am feeling a bit depressed and envious of others. I am what you would call "spiritually bankrupt" right now. Thank you for starting this post and helping me to realize what I need to do.

The reality is I have so much to be grateful for. First of all, I am most grateful for my son and husband. They are my soul. My ds is the happiest, sweetest, most easy going little guy. He keeps me young at heart. My dh is loving, loyal, honest, dependable and a great friend. I may not have everything I want but I certainly have everything I need. I also have to say that I am grateful I found these boards. I've gotten so much out of them and can't believe the depth of caring and generosity I've seen here. Thanks again for reminding me of all this when I needed reminding the most!

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-032

ETA:

PixelPrincess....your post made me cry!

psophia17
11-26-2004, 12:27 AM
My DH and DS - today especially, it's not Thanksgiving in Canada, so DH had to go to work. I woke up with a migraine around 6am, and DS slept until past 9am. DH came home early, knowing I'd be a little sad because it's my first one away from my family in New York, and took over with DS so I could rest. He didn't have to, but he did, and they're both the best.

I'm also thankful for having discovered the boards, where I get to talk to people who have the same things going on in their lives as I do, and who can help me over humps as they arise. I only hope I can help as much as I've been helped.

And finally, I'm happy that my hair grows fast, because right now it's at the in-between stage where it's constantly in my eyes, but I know in a week it'll be long enough to push back over my ears.

Happy (American) Thanksgiving!!

crayonblue
11-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Teva,

Your post really hit me. I think that in the past year, I have put God on the back burner more often than not. I view my relationship with God just like my relationships with my friends. Without spending time with my friends and working on my relationships, they sort of wither up. The good thing is that God is not annoyed when I forget about Him for a time and then come back!

I am thankful for my relationship with God and the strength He gives me each day. I am thankful that I know where I am going when I die and that this life is not all there is. I am thankful for all the blessings He has given me in my life. And, although I may not feel like being thankful for the trials and hardships, I know that all I go through makes me who I am.

amazz
11-26-2004, 12:30 PM
It's a day late, but I am still thankful for:

1. My beautiful baby girl. We got so close to losing her and I can't imagine my life without her! She is so funny and loving and she already knows her mama. :)

2. My OB for not taking any chances with Kami's life and for performing the c-section. She did an awesome job and you can hardly see my scar!

3. My mom--she practically moved in with us for 6 weeks and I don't know how I would have made it without her. She is so wonderful!

4. Tim. He is my husband, my best friend, my parenting partner, the love of my life. He is such a wonderful husband to me and an even better father to Kami.

5. These boards!! You've all made my life richer and made me a better mother!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg