PDA

View Full Version : When did your newborn "wake up?"

brigmaman
11-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Another detail I've forgotten from Brig's newborn days.

lmintzer
11-26-2004, 02:32 PM
Jack--from birth! He never was a sleepy baby. In fact, he never slept in the house AT ALL during the day. Pretty freaky weird!

Joshua--at about 1 month. He started having some more awake time (I remember his first 1 1/2 hour chunk of alert, happy time was at around 1 month). He was born a month early, though. He was relatively sleepy for his first 2 months, but I definitely noticed a difference at the 1 month mark.

Raidra
11-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Colwyn wasn't a sleepy baby.. he was a little over a week late, so that's why I think he was awake more. I remember being in the hospital with a baby who wouldn't sleep, thinking "All the books were WRONG!" :)

Momof3Labs
11-26-2004, 09:33 PM
Colin was 2 weeks early and was never a sleepy newborn! So I don't know how much it has to do with arrival time, lol.

Karenn
11-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Claire woke up enough to start eating regularly when she was 4 or 5 days old. She stopped sleeping all of the time around 5 or six weeks.

Colin was awake from the beginning and stopped sleeping a lot around 3 or 4 weeks.

starrynight
11-26-2004, 10:45 PM
All of my kids were sleepy babies but those few hours a day when they were awake, well they were awake!! Very wide eyed, nosey looking around. Gosh the day Daria was born she was lifting her head up off your shoulder to look around, I have nosey kids LOL.

jbowman
11-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Ellie was wide awake from the moment she entered the world. Her eyes are WIDE OPEN in her newborn picture, LOL!