PDA

View Full Version : What New Cute Things Are Your Babies Doing?

Raidra
11-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Have we done one of these threads lately? I haven't been keeping track of posts as much the last week or so, what with family visiting.

Colwyn has started paying attention to the mirror in the car. He loves mirrors normally, but for some reason, he hadn't noticed this one. Now when I try to put him in the car seat, he stands up, laughs at the baby in the mirror, and gives himself giant slobbery kisses.

We also let him walk around Toys R Us the other day instead of riding in the shopping cart, and he had a blast. He kept running up to all the big kid toys and laughing his head off.

He also jumps when we ask him to. It's not so much jumping as it is bouncing up and down, but it's cute. He tries to do it when he's not holding onto anything, but he usually loses his balance.

barbarhow
11-26-2004, 03:08 PM
I love these threads!
Jack's most amusing one is trying to do headstands. Tom and I were doing them one afternoon (don't ask) and since then he has been trying to do them. He actually ends up doing somersaults which is pretty darn cute.
He is counting like a fool! I lined up 6 strawberries for him the other night. He pointed at each one saying "1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 5!" Then gave me a big smile. It was about the cutest thing I had ever seen.
I am putting him to bed with books and lately I look on the monitor and see him lying on his back with a book in the air and one leg crossed. Not exactly my little baby anymore.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

jbowman
11-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Ellie just started saying "juice" this week. Now she can say nine words (I'm such a proud mom!). She can stand really well on her own, and can walk a few steps. That said, she seems very uninterested in walking--and wouldn't you be if you could crawl 100 miles an hour?

Ellie has also mastered "talking on the phone". She holds the phone so that it is nearly behind her back and starts talking. She usually chats with her best friend (the if-you'd-like-to-make-a-call-please-hang-up-and-try-again lady, LOL!).

By far the cutest things she's doing is blowing kisses--too precious!

Thanks for starting the thread, Rachel.

tarahsolazy
11-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Forrest has decided (at almost 9mo) that solid foods are fun. Now he eats EVERYTHING! Its fun to watch him pick it up off the tray and stuff it in his mouth

He is also learning how to crawl, by hurling one side of his body forward, then the other. It involves his forehead, arms, trunk, and toes. Very cute.

He also claps, albeit silently, on request.

tarahsolazy
11-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Forrest has decided (at almost 9mo) that solid foods are fun. Now he eats EVERYTHING! Its fun to watch him pick it up off the tray and stuff it in his mouth

He is also learning how to crawl, by hurling one side of his body forward, then the other. It involves his forehead, arms, trunk, and toes. Very cute.

He also claps, albeit silently, on request.

icunurse
11-26-2004, 04:20 PM
Connor is starting to cruise the furniture and crawling like crazy (including up the stairs! yikes!). He likes to crawl up and over me and then lunge down and try to bite my nose with his new teeth (6 total now), all the while laughing non-stop. He also likes to feed us his food instead of eating it himself. Anything fun and happy is "dada!" and when he's cranky and falls, it's all "maaaa-maaaa". I am so loving this age right now. :)
Traci
~Connor's Mom~
http://lilypie.com/baby1/050204/1/0/1/-6/.png (http://lilypie.com)

mudder17
11-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Oooh, I love these threads! Okay, in one weekend, Kaya cut a tooth (okay, not exactly doing, but I had to put that in :)), learned to sit up on her own and get back down, and cocks her head to try getting you to do it. She squeals with delight if you imitate her. Same thing with coughing. She'll cough and then pause and watch you to see if you cough back at her. If she's in the right mood and you cough at her, she'll cough back. She's also learned recently how to clap her hands (also silently) and can stand for short periods of time by holding onto something. I'm currently teaching her to "Give me 5". :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

psophia17
11-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Nathan's new thing is to squeeze his head, and his body, if he can manage it, into a small space to "hide." He does this behind the loveseat, under tables, and into the saucer part of the exersaucer (now a convenient place to stow his toys), and my favorite, if I'm sitting with my legs or ankles crossed, he wants to get in the space in the middle. He goes in to all of these holes headfirst.

The other things he's been doing a lot more lately are bum-patting and toe-gnawing. If it's a bum, he wants to pat it. If it's a toe, he wants to gnaw on it - his own or those of others. I've warned all the mums in waterbabies, but it's still strange to have a little boy pat your bum and then head for your feet....

chlobo
11-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Isabella took the spoon from my hand and fed herself some sweet potatoes yesterday. It was so cute. Naturally, if it had been something slippery it would have been all over her instead of in her mouth.

mharling
11-26-2004, 09:52 PM
When Lane has pooped, he pats his right butt cheek and says 'Poop'. Then he walks to the stairs and waits for us to open the gate so we can go upstairs and change him.

His other new thing is using utensils. He had practiced before and I finally got a nice set for him with a real fork in it, so now we give them to him at every meal. He has done quite well and now, we can even finish our meal before he finishes. What a treat!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

jd11365
11-26-2004, 10:07 PM
Must be the month for poop, Mary. Kayla now says "tinky" when I'm changing her stinky (poop) diaper, and will carry it out to the trash when we're done!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

tippy
11-26-2004, 10:25 PM
Mary,

DS has started doing that too. He will say, Uh-Oh in his rain-man way and then say pooh-pooh or pee-pee. Does this mean we have to start potty training them!?!?! (I say as I start my conniptions fit!)
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

starrynight
11-26-2004, 11:09 PM
Eliza has started giving everyone kisses, it's very sweet :).

We put up our christmas decorations and Daria keeps walking around and saying everything is "so beautiful" sounds cute coming from a 2 year old!

tippy
11-26-2004, 11:58 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD! Love the pictures that go with them too! DS is doing SOOO Much new stuff lately. He was really late with a lot of milestones and so many of them have hit all at once. He is talking up a storm and tries to repeat everything we say. I mentioned in my pp that he says Uh-oh...A LOT. I must say it a lot without realizing it because he says it all the time. When I'm trying to put him down at night and he's not quit ready I will hear him over the monitor throwing everything out of his crib; binkies, blankets, stuffed animals, water...and after each item hits the floor there is a pause and then UH-oh! I just crack up.

Thanks to Count on Sesame Street AJ can count up to 20. I have to say in a Count like voice "one" and he say's two and I say three and he says faw...you get the point. At the end he claps and cheers for himself.

The funniest thing he has done recently though is when he tried giving peepers-one of our two cats (the one that tolerates him) his pacifier and his sippy cup to drink. When he held the sippy cup up to her face he made slurpy sounds! Too funny. He also will finally give kisses and hugs. When I ask for a kiss he grabs my ears and pulls my face into his and gives me a big open mouth wet one. I am quickly trying to teach him to PUCKER up!

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03