PDA

View Full Version : Neve, how are your 4 legged family members this AM?

MamaKath
11-27-2004, 10:47 AM
We are waiting for an update, hoping that all is well!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-27-2004, 11:49 AM
She's hanging around begging for some food this morning...you'd think after eating a whole turkey carcass that you'd hang you head in slight shame and maybe give a good burp every once in awhile....

I called the vet first thing and they said exactly what you all said "just watch her"...

Poor Sandy girl (Buoy's mama) likes to be out all day bossing golfers so she must have watched the festivities from the window (so we spoiled her with actual turkey meat last night).
I suspect Spinny didn't let anone else too near this carcass though, which might be the good news. We just have to point to the stove top and she is snickering and sneezing up a storm with guilt though :)

Thank you for thinking of us...
Looks like we might have escaped distaster...though I've yet to be attentive enough to check out Spinny's poop...I suspect that bird is going to hurt when she passes it :)
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

psophia17
11-27-2004, 01:07 PM
When you board the dogs for your trip, you should give the kennel a heads up that she chowed down on a turkey carcass, so they can still be on the lookout for miscellaneous bones. When I was a kid, our dog ate three bags of Halloween candy that were tucked deeply into that useless corner of countertop where it's too deep to actually be useful, but not too deep for the dog to somehow get into. She ate it all, including the wrappers, and she was pooping tin foil for about two weeks afterwards. She was okay, but we weren't satisfied until there were no more tin foil appearances...

dr mom
11-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Glad to hear that she's doing OK, you didn't need a sick dog on your hands with everything else keeping you busy right now.

Our dog did something similar two years ago, except that it wasn't OUR turkey she stole. She escaped from our backyard Thanksgiving night, and I was frantic - I had let her out for a few minutes to go potty, but it was a freezing cold night and she is definitely a house dog, so I was terribly worried about her being out in the cold. DH and I tromped up and down the street in the cold calling her name, but she didn't come back. Finally, I was sitting on our back porch shivering in the cold with tears running down my face when I heard a very faint jingling sound. I followed the noise, and found Anya hiding in some bushes in a neighbor's yard - the sound I heard was her tags jingling, as she devoured a fully-cooked (still hot!) turkey as fast as she could. I was alternately relieved, and mortified - whose turkey did she steal??? We never found out, I was too embarrassed to ask the neighbors. x(

Have a safe trip - can't wait to hear about your adventures in the Ukraine!

Momof3Labs
11-27-2004, 03:20 PM
Oh, good - I was hoping that you would post an update. Glad that Spinney is okay and hope that she stays that way!!

COElizabeth
11-27-2004, 03:43 PM
ROTFLOL! I wonder if the neighbors ever had any clue what happened to the turkey, or if the poor chef got teasd all day: "Sure, right, you made a turkey!"

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
and Charlotte, 11-04-04

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-27-2004, 05:39 PM
you should know better than to make a pregnant women laugh this hard...these days it is not too difficult to pee my pants...

that is the cutest story!!!!
glad you all (or poochie) was never found out :)
too funny!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

mudder17
11-27-2004, 06:34 PM
Hee, hee, that's hilarious! I'm glad she was okay. And Neve, I'm glad Spinnie is apparently feeling better, if not slightly guilty about her infraction. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting