PDA

View Full Version : Met the doula

Marisa6826
11-27-2004, 12:24 PM
And she seems like she will be OK. She's an OB nurse at an area hospital, so she knows the drill (she's also had at least one c/s).

She was really good with Sophie too.

Hopefully this will all work out!

-m

amazz
11-27-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm so glad things are looking up for you in the doula dept. I was wondering how that all turned out!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

barbarhow
11-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh I hope so. Things have been hard enough without that being a kink too. Glad that she was so good with Sophie. Can't believe the day is almost here!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

pritchettzoo
11-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Cool beans! An overly warm, fuzzy person would probably grate on your nerves, so hopefully she'll be *just* right. :)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

LD92599
11-27-2004, 01:34 PM
That's great Marisa! I'm sure everything will work out just right!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

jd11365
11-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Great...I know that's a relief! I can't believe you're about to have the baby!

So tell me, how does it work having a c/s and a doula?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

Marisa6826
11-27-2004, 05:27 PM
She's a post partum doula - not a birth doula.

Her job is to help me with Amelia once I come home. She's got experience in breast feeding, will help me take care of Amelia (feed/change, etc.), do light cooking, cleaning and laundry. Will run errands, grocery shop, etc. She can take me to the ped if I'm not able to drive yet.

Although she's an RN, she's not really supposed to do wound care (check my incision), but I think she'd also be able to keep an impartial eye out for PPD which is something I'm worried about.

She can teach me baby/infant CPR, play with Sophie if Jonathan needs to nap. Basically the difference between a baby nurse and a pp doula is that the doula helps the MOMMY, but a baby nurse will only deal with the baby.

Clear as mud, huh? ;)

-m

tippy
11-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Marisa

Glad she seems ok. What a relief huh? So are you ready with everything else? When I had ds, dh left me in the hospital for two nights to "clean" our room since he never finished it before I went into labor. Hopefully your all done with the nesting and can relax and rest up a bit before your big day.

Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

hez
11-28-2004, 12:06 AM
You'll have to keep us posted on how it truly works out for you. This is something I'm seriously considering whenever we have baby #2.

Glad the visit went well, and hoping she does a fabulous job for you!

steph2003
11-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm glad she sounds ok - I'm also interested to hear you report back on how it works out. I had a birth doula but looking back REALLY wish I had investigated a post partum doula as well - so maybe for #2 someday....

I'm sure you'll give us full details :)

momma_boo
11-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Sounds like it will all work out.
Isn't your aunt also coming to help? (perhaps I missed a thread where you updated us about her).

I can't believe Amelia is coming at the end of the week. Time sure does fly by!!

Marisa6826
11-29-2004, 10:04 AM
Esther -

She is coming, but while I'm in the hospital. She has to leave on the 9th, so the doula will be helping afterward.

-m

McQ
11-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Glad things with the doula are panning out. How'd you do with the rest of your "list"?

The countdown to Amelia is ON!!!

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

Marisa6826
11-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Got most of it accomplished, believe it or not.

I just have to assemble the swing and bouncy and install the car seat.

Also need to put away Amelia's clothes.

My bag is mostly packed - just holding off on the stuff I use everyday.

-m

JElaineB
11-29-2004, 12:14 PM
Oh wow, I can't believe how close you are Marisa! I keep looking at Sophie's birthdate and I think Amelia is coming next week. But, she'll be here so soon! Congrats and good luck with everything!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

cinrein
11-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Wow! So glad to hear things are falling into place. I've been thinking about you lately when I realized Amelia is coming this Friday!

Just think, the only thing you HAVE to do is install the car seat, unless you can trust Jonathan to do that. I hope you can cuz I tried to install Anna's when I was 9 mos preggo and there was just no freaking way my big body could get near the backseat.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

NancyJ_redo
11-29-2004, 03:07 PM
YIKES girlie!! You're going to be a mommy of two very soon! December seemed so far away long ago when you first announced you were pregnant, and now it's almost here!

Certainly you are taking care of yourself this week, aren't you? Some paws and claws planned?

The countdown is on...can't wait to see little miss Amelia!!