PDA

View Full Version : Fingers up the Nose?!

hez
11-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Is Payton the only one sticking one or both fingers up his nose at this age?!

We've been practicing finding body parts lately-- it's really fun when he finds his belly & toes! For a while it was just his nose and tongue, then we added a couple more. At some point he put a finger up his nose and I laughed. DH laughed the first time he saw it. And everyone who sees Payton do it (especially both at the same time!) laughs the first time. I'm pretty darn sure we've created a monster. Sigh. DH and I have been trying to discourage it gently, and I think we're reducing the frequency, but *I'm* getting discouraged.

Will this pass as a phase?

bluej
11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
Ryden doesn't do it constantly, it's like he forgets there are holes there. But occassionally when he's pointing to his nose he 'discovers' the hole again and is completely fascinated by it. I'm sure at some point this winter he's going to discover a 'treasure' in his nose and then the fun will really start x(

Marisa6826
11-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Sophie does it once in a while, but not on a regular basis.

The most annoying trick of hers that I've found is taking whatever stuffed animal she happens to have on hand during a dipe change and, um, wiping herself with it. Fortunately, it's only been during wet dipes! D'oh!

Drives me crazy!!!!

I think if you just ignore it, Peyton should get bored with the new trick pretty quickly.

-m

kijip
11-27-2004, 07:53 PM
I swear I did NOT try to take this shot- I was snapping some photos and he decided to stick his finger up his nose.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17733.jpg

I am also hoping that it is a phase!

hez
11-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Don't worry-- you're not the only one with evidence! Payton entertained the Turkey Day crowd this week...

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17755.jpg

If discouraging doesn't work, here's hoping ignoring will!

hez
11-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Payton's found treasure, but hasn't put it all together yet-- it's only accidental so far. It's pretty gross :(

hez
11-27-2004, 11:54 PM
Be glad you have a girl(s)! Ever since Payton discovered (how should I put this?) his 'manhood', every diaper change has been an adventure. I just try to be quick enough to get that area clean first!

Of course, cleaning a finger or hand is a lot easier than cleaning a stuffed animal...

JLiebCamm
11-28-2004, 04:32 PM
I would like to hope that it will pass soon for you, but Nate started around that age and is going stronger than ever now! In the beginning it was just an exploration sort of thing but now it has a purpose. And let me just tell you, my DH is not a good role model for him in this department....