PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone have the Fujifilm FinePix A340 digital camera?

jd11365
11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
My beloved Sony Cybershot died thanks to a sippy cup disaster on Halloween. I loved this camera. My mom was nice enough to pick up a new one for us today and she will bring it down when she comes next week. It's a Fujifilm FinePix A340. It's not my Cybershot, but hey, it's free and was very thoughtful. (OK, it's more for her since she want pics of the kid, but we'll just go with it. ;)) She also bought the docking cradle and a boosted memory card, which was also very nice. Someone tell me I will be just as happy as I was with the Cybershot. I did a comparison and there are a few differences I can live with, just want to make sure I'm getting a camera that takes great pics. It's killing me not to have a camera in the diper bag at all times like I did before. I keep saying...that would be a great picture.

TIA!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

Laurelsmom2002
11-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Its the smaller version of mine- basically less opitcal zoom- which I would have given up for more diaperbagability, but you know i didn't pick it out. You will like the software soo much better though. We think its much easier to work.
While your moms down btw- rugrats have a chanukah special this year. talk to you later
:7

jd11365
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Good to know! It has just as much optical zoom as my Cybershot, so I should like it then. And yes, the "diaperbagability" (love that word) is great too...smaller and lighter even than my Cyber. BTW, Beth just got a little Canon Elph digital for her diaper bag too...an early birthday present from Julian. It's soooo tiny! I might have liked that too, but then again, I might have lost the darn thing because it's so small. This Fuji has a slide cover over the lens to turn it on and off, and protects the lens, which is why my mom liked it...the whole protection idea after the whole sippy fiasco. It doesn't have audio for the video, but I never used the video on my Cyber anyway, so no love lost I suppose.

>While your moms down btw- rugrats have a chanukah special this year.
Ha! She already bought the video...oy vey! ;)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03