PDA

View Full Version : Club Photo - can you tell me if their photo cards are good?

kristine_elen
11-27-2004, 11:29 PM
They are so much cheaper than the other sites, such as Ofoto and Shutterfly. Anyone have experience with them? I'm thinking of either buying the postcard kind or the 5x7s that actually open up. Any feedback on either of these would be most appreciated! I'd hate to order all those and then be disappointed. (I've never used them at all, even for regular prints.)
Thanks!

August Mom
11-28-2004, 01:14 AM
We used them for 4x8 photo cards last year and I thought they were good. It was easy to create them too.

Dcclerk
11-28-2004, 02:11 AM
I just ordered them yesterday, so I'll give you my thoughts as soon as I get them :) I read a few reviews comparing their general print quality to the other big ones and they generally get about average reviews, lower than Ofoto and Shutterfly. But for the difference in price, I was just hoping that people would be so dazzled with the card itself, they wouldn't be bothered by the average quality;)

pixelprincess
11-28-2004, 02:44 AM
I was wondering too. Hadn't heard of them until it was posted here. As an experiment, I am going to order a few cards from Club Photo and some from Shutterfly. I have always been happy with Shutterfly's print quality!

Rachels
11-28-2004, 08:46 AM
I haven't ordered photo cards from them, but you might order one and see how you like it. When I was deciding which service to use, I ordered the same print from Ofoto, Shutterfly, and Club Photo, and Club Photo's print was by far the worst. It was much grayer than Ofoto's or Shutterfly's. I pretty much exclusively use Shutterfly.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

papal
11-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Hey Rachel,
Did you get your cards? Did they turn out good?

ciaobella
11-28-2004, 09:58 AM
I ordered cards yesterday as well - so I will report back once I receive them. Their HQ is in Austin and I am in Houston so I think they will come pretty quickly.

I did hear good reveiws about them before ordering regarding prints and cards. It is hard to beat for the price. They have a 20% off code right now too (active20). I got 80 cards for about $50!

Rachels
11-28-2004, 11:04 AM
YES!!!!!! I got them right before we left town (I went to see my sister perform in a play in NY, then went right to a family Thanksgiving thing). We just got back, so I hadn't had a chance to email you yet. They are GORGEOUS. I'm so excited!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

"When you know better, you do better."
Maya Angelou

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_sapphire_24m.gif Two years and counting!

Sheila
11-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Well, I don't know about the quality of their photo cards, but I will never use them again for anything, and here's why.

Last Christmas, I used them to order multiple copies of a photo that I was inserting into a Christmas card. I ordered 30 copies of a pic the first week of Dec. I never got them til after Christmas!!!

I kept followng up on the order and was basically told that "the mail can take 3 or more weeks (?) at this time of year." Meanwhile, they were still offering Christmas card orders on their site at the time I placed my order, with no mention of having to use expedited shipping to get them in time.

Honestly, when I ordered on like Dec. 1st, I never once thought that I would not have them in time for Christmas!

Meanwhile, I had to end up sending out cards w/o my pix :( and then giving them to some peeps after Christmas. What a bummer.

Let me tell you, I was PISSED, and when I contacted their customer service (via e-mail) they were basically like, sorry Charlie, tough luck for you. The mail can take 3 or more weeks at this time of year, so deal with it. No offer of free prints, free order, etc... Not even an apology! NOTHING!

Awful, awful, awful, and they will never get a dime of my money ever again. I am STILL mad about it a year later!

Every time they send me one of their "we haven't seen you in a while, please come back" e-mails, I want to scream!

Order at your own risk. They are cheap for a reason. Yuck.

Sheila
________
Herbal vaporizers (http://vaporizer.org/)