PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a pillow to sleep on that you just love?

momtoemma
11-29-2004, 09:27 AM
My pillows are worn out, and I'm asking for a new set for christmas. I can't decide whether to get some nice down pillows or what. Do they last very long? Any recommendations on good pillows would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marisa6826
11-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Costco has GREAT down ones from Pacific Down Company. I think the king sized one was $30-40.

Down ones will usually last a good five years before washing them (once you wash down, they kind of bounce back to life).

-m

babymama
11-29-2004, 09:54 AM
No particular brand to recommend, but I love my down pillow. It's the only one I can sleep with (took it w/ me to the hospital when I had DS). I think I got it at Marshall's or maybe Ikea. I don't remember.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

LD92599
11-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Another vote for Down! We LOVE our down pillows and now DS does too! I love the down pillows from Bloomingdales..i think they are their own branded ones.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

HGraceMom
11-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Bed bath and Beyond has these fantastic down pillows - the pillows we chose were in 3 price ranges - $30's, 70's and 120's.

I saved my 20% off coupon and splurged on a $70's pillow when I was pg 4 years ago. I told DH how much it cost, less the 20% off and he balked at my buying a "million dollar pillow." Then said he had to try it out - nothing could be worth so much money. After he laid on it, he promptly asked if I could go buy another just for him. LOL!

So two of our four are "million dollar pillows" and I'm suprising him with two more for Christmas this year to replace the last two non "million dollar" pillows on our bed...

californiamom
11-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Personally, I don't like down pillows. I've tried many different ones and never found one that was comfortable. Just a couple weeks ago I was at a Westin hotel with a king size, fluffy down pillow and couldn't sleep well at all. I guess they don't really support my head. Can't explain what it is.

Anyway, so I bought one of those contour pillows at Costco and now I can't live without it. I absolutely LOVE it!

Here's a pic:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17819.jpg

HTH

Ana

psophia17
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I love the way down feels, but I get really congested after I sleep with it anywhere near me for more than a couple nights. If you decide to go with down, try and be aware of stuffiness, it'll sneak up on you.

steph2003
11-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Petra -
I have this same problem!!! I thought it was just me, we need new pillows & my DH is pushing for down but I'm balking because of my past issues with down. I thought it was all in my head though. I also break out terribly on my face if I sleep on down, in fact my down comforter I have to make sure I don't pull it up all around my chin at night. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

macassi
11-29-2004, 01:44 PM
Another vote for down.

We actually have Brendan sleeping on a down pillow too, as he tends to pee on it or throw up on it... and down washes up so great! I think I would have tossed about 5+ pillows from him at this point had he used regular pillows. I just don't think they wash well.

candybomiller
11-29-2004, 02:20 PM
DH and I both have down pillows from Costco. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!