PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR - did I miss a thread

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-29-2004, 10:36 AM
I guess yesterday it hit me we all never discussed Survivor last week.
I thought it was the best one to date...
For some reason I was pulling for folks to turn on Amy and the gals and I didn't know why, and it was this show that actually made me really like her in that she has such a "pro girl" stance, so many times women turn on eachother. I liked that she told Twila (who for some reason I am pulling for) that there is no way she'd let anyone entertain "a plan" with her, that she is loyal and she'd tell them so...

so right when I was starting to really like her and respect that in her looie what happens...

she certainly was shocked though wasn't she????
was that her girlfriend...I think they are eluding to her be gay in the past two episodes...I know Scout is and that her girlfriend is actually a life partner...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

brubeck
11-29-2004, 10:46 AM
You didn't miss a thread. I think with all of the T-Day stuff there were no Survivor or TAR threads last week.

I believe Ami is gay, yes.

Personally I find it pathetic that these people can't remember anything. They have all seen how many seasons of Survivor and can't remember to vote off ALL of the enemy first? Sad. They are just not being smart. I hope Ami and Julie make it longer and show Scout and Twila how dumb they are for turning.

Of course the internet rumour has it that Ami will leave next week, but then those same sources said that Julie was leaving before the merge.

MelissaTC
11-29-2004, 10:59 AM
I am relieved that Leanne was voted off. It is about time they shake things up. I was beginning to fear that we had a Survivor:Thailand situation on our hands. That would make the show so boring! I hope they get rid of Ami. As much as I don't care for Eliza, I would rather Ami or Julie go first. Julie is an opportunist and Ami has become so cocky!

That was Ami's girlfriend, btw... :)

amp
11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
I am torn between feeling like the gals should stick together and keep the women's alliance and hating Ami. I found myself yelling excitedly when the alliance broke. Guess that told me where I stood in the end, eh?

mharling
11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
I am so glad that the women's alliance broke. The look on Ami's face was priceless; she was so shocked to learn she wasn't as in charge as she thought she was. I loved it!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

mharling
11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I agree that this was the best episode so far. It started out so slow and wasn't even really worth discussing. I'm so glad it has gotten interesting!!

BTW, I, too, am pulling for Twila.

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-29-2004, 06:23 PM
I was glad too...and was excited when it broke...but then it really hit me that I admire that they had such a true alliance. I mean what women power..it really was great to see in hindsight, a trait you don't often see in women. So I found myself excited...though kind of regreting that excitement if you know what I mean.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-29-2004, 06:25 PM
I like her too...she was so cute not knowing how to use the computer...
I was so saddened when she turned on Sarge...I loved their friendship and I loved the way how he spoke of it, he clearly liked her (not romantically I don't think) but he clearly liked HER for who she was...I remember him saying he could see her as his best friend or somehting like that...

usfrph
11-29-2004, 06:31 PM
I was kinda sad that the women's alliance didn't hold but I was glad things got shaken up a bit. It was getting boring.

RwnMayfair
11-29-2004, 11:13 PM
I think I've missed every single Survivor thread so far. I swear, I haven't seen one yet. ::duck::

Anyway, I dunno, Ami still just drives me insane. I dunno why, she just rubs me the wrong way. I can't totally figure out why, but maybe it's the superior way she acts, or the way she treats some of the others, or something else that I can't figure out. She's bugged me for quite awhile, so I keep hoping they'll get rid of her. ;)

I mean, it's admirable to want to try and have the women stick together, but honestly, it was getting kind of old to me. That and like I said, Ami drives me insane and it's kind of hard to want an alliance of women and yet want them to get rid of one of those women. ::grin:: I looooved the look on Ami's face when she realized what had happened though. It sure was nice to see her suddenly realize she doesn't control everything!

Plus, shaking things up should make it MUCH more interesting. Like I said, the whole women slowly voting the men off or doing exactly what Ami said thing was just getting really old.

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!