PDA

View Full Version : Need fairly quick help from CROCHET buffs...

MamaKath
11-29-2004, 12:15 PM
I need to find a super easy, super quick but still pretty baby afghan to crochet. I am awful at following patterns, can not knit yet (though I just got a kit to start working on this, it will not help me now). I am using a 4 ply worsted weight yarn, and can work with one or 2 skeins at a time (I have been doing a lot with 2 so that is goes quicker ;-)). I have a very limited time to work on this as it is a shower gift that I need to give to a SIL in 2 weeks, and am in the midst of making my Christmas gifts as well. Thank you all!!!!

~Crochet crazy Kath :-)

ETA: My apologies on the posting wrong forum, things have been so slow overall with the holiday that I figured I'd get more responses in the Lounge.

pritchettzoo
11-29-2004, 02:04 PM
My standard baby blanket uses 2 skeins at once. I generally do the 3 ply for a baby blanket, but 4 might work. Use the big, plastic, grey needle. Chain about 3 feet. Do a line of single crochets using up the chain. Chain 1, then turn and single crochet in the back/top loop. Repeat until the blanket is approximately square. I usually use a vareigated (sp?) yarn or 2 different colors (like a pastel and a white). I think it's really pretty looking, and it's very soft and fluffy. I've used the baby terry yarn by Red Heart, and that makes a really fluffy blanket.

HTH!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

HGraceMom
11-29-2004, 04:11 PM
My standard blanket uses the first row of chain stitch however wide the blanket needs to be (I tend to make them a little smaller so they can be tucked into car seats, or toddlers can carry them around - crochet blankets aren't great for swaddling, IMO), and finish the whole rest of the blanket with double crochet stitches until it's square - all in white. To finish off the blanket, I use a very fluffy pink or blue (or yellow) yarn to outline the whole thing with two or three rows of triple stitches. very easy, very classic.

Momof3Labs
11-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Kath, I have a super quick and easy pattern for a baby blanket worked in the round. I can fax it to you if you want. I usually make it up in Baby Clouds but you could do it with a double strand of worsted and a large hook if you want! E-mail me if you want it!

MamaKath
11-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Thank you for the ideas! I will have to go play a bit to see what I like. Lori I am digging for your email, lol, but I would like the pattern. I will post pictures when I finish. :-)