PDA

View Full Version : Gifts for Daycare providers

cara1
11-29-2004, 03:32 PM
DH and I want to give cash to our daycare teachers. I feel like we should also give them some other gift to go with it. But what? I thought about mugs with pictures of the children for each teacher. They currently take care of just DS, but he'll be leaving them in March, and DD will join them. I have a great picture of DS kissing DD. Is this silly? Will they look at this in a year or more and say, "Why do I have this stupid mug with pictures of someone else's kids?" DH says cash is King, and we should just skip it. Last year I baked banana breads for each teacher in addition to the cash, but I'm feeling lazy. What do you think?

steph2003
11-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I think I might give VISA gift cards instead of cash. I kept trying to think of a gift certificate to give them but I don't know his teachers well enough yet to know what their interests are. I know cash is much appreciated but I don't know - for some reason I feel weird just handing them cash? or am I being silly? cash is really probably what they want anyway!

I think I'll try to put it with something else as well - I'm not a baking kinda girl but if I were the banana bread is colored saran wrap would be pretty. Instead I'll probably go to Williams & Sonoma to get one of their bread mixes (for Thanksgiving I got the pumpkin spice bread mix that was packaged w/a nice bow & some pumpkin butter) that way they can do the actual baking themselves & I can slip the gift card in the prepackaged WS bag.

macassi
11-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Honestly, my mom was an elementary school teacher and she ended up with too many mugs each year. I don't think the teachers would appreciate the mugs like you think they will.

I like the idea of giving something with the cash. How about cookies in a jar? It's fast assembly and still a bit home-made. Or movie tickets with cash enclosed for a night out on the town.

jbowman
11-29-2004, 04:25 PM
Definitely skip the mugs...everyone has 1(000) too many mugs, LOL! We are giving the women at Ellie's Parent's Day Out candles! They smell heavenly! This might be a nice thing to give in addition to money (I bought some that are "made" locally).