PDA

View Full Version : How did you preserve locks from 1st haircut?

babymama
11-29-2004, 03:56 PM
It's getting to be that time...sniff, sniff. Santiago has a few longer curls in the back that don't always curl up, and so sometimes it looks like a mullet. Yes, the dreaded mullet....to the point that a substitute teacher at his school teased me about it..."muy moderno" (very hip) she said.

I can't have my dear, sweet baby sporting a mullet, so I think the time has come to clip a few locks off the back. I'm thinking of doing it myself. Anyone BTDT and have advice for cutting your wee-one's hair??? Should I maybe wait til he's asleep? I can't imagine him sitting still for a haircut.

How did you preserve the hair clippings? I want to keep at least one curl, but don't know what to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

amp
11-29-2004, 04:04 PM
I told the hairdresser I wanted to preserve it and had her put all the clippings she could grab into an envelope. This is how my mom preserved my hair and it's still around today. Don't use a baggie or ziploc or all the hair will static cling to the bag. Good luck! And don't forget your camera and something to distract Santiago with!

Kimberly H
11-29-2004, 04:06 PM
if they can gather the hair into a neat curl before it's cut and tie it together in a ribbon or string, it will be easier to keep together to save.

Marisa6826
11-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Yeah, we did Sophie's haircut to lose that dreaded toddler mullet.

They saved a little bit and put it in a tiny ziploc (like the ones the jewelers use for repairs) that's stapled to a little certificate for her first haircut.

-m