PDA

View Full Version : Our holiday card (please don't gag at yet another post!).

papal
11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
So the first one I made was just not 'us'. We are not serious people in the least and most of my family doesn't celebrate christmas. So instead we decided to do something a little more whimsical... so that people who get it will be like 'who what when why' or 'what dopes, why is their kid staring at us?'.. rather than 'ho hum'.

ok, back to work.

NEW CARD (using):
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17842.jpg

OLD CARD (not using):
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17841.jpg

barbarhow
11-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I personally love them both-but you know you better than I know you-IYKWIM.... You are sooooooooo talented! Not to mention that your daughter is stunning!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

aliceinwonderland
11-29-2004, 08:01 PM
I love both..But I MUST say I so love Leela's pic in the second one...so precious...Not that the the first one is not adorable, I don't know I just LOVE that second one what can I say!

ALLEYCAT
11-29-2004, 08:02 PM
How could we gag at such a sweet face, unless it was because we were drinking lemonaide and saw those big eyes looming over the top while taking a big swig that made us laugh, thus gag. I love them both but if you are going for not serious thn you hit it with the NEW CARD.

PS I hope you wern't offended by my Splenda crack remark last week on the alphabet list, but you were WIRED!!

stella
11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
I thought she would be wearing her pink pig pajamas!! Just kidding!

You MUST use the second one. And please send one to me.

My address at WORK (for all of y'all who might be trying to steal my identity) is:

124 West Beauregard
San Angelo, TX 76903

Plus, Rashmi, you already have my home address!

That second card is just too precious!

pritchettzoo
11-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh my goodness; I love them both, but the second one is amazing. If you're not using it, um, can you email me the PDF file so I can ruthlessly steal it and pass it off as my own? ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

JFC
11-29-2004, 08:26 PM
OMG - these are too cute!! Both cards are adorable, but I have to say it - I LOVE the second one - it is wonderful! Your friends and family will no doubt celebrate whichever card you send all year long!

bluej
11-29-2004, 08:28 PM
I love the second card, but the first one is totally cracking me up! I'm sitting here eating chips and queso and I swear Leela is looking at me and saying "Do you REALLY need those? Tsk tsk."

lisaE
11-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Both are SO cute. I love her expression in the first one. My favorite part of the second one is the little mini Leela in the bottom corner!

NancyJ_redo
11-29-2004, 08:39 PM
I thought the EXACT same thing!! I'd love to drop in DS' picture, print and send and let everyone think I'm spectacularly talented :) I'm even willing to exchange $$ in order to commit this great fraud. Rashmi??

And Rashmi, I love the second one, but I totally get what you're saying on the first one and for that reason love it even more. It avoids the usual 'ho hum' altogether and is very cool as a result.

jbowman
11-29-2004, 08:42 PM
They're both great, Rashmi! IKWYM about humor, though. Our baby announcement was humorous (a movie poster that announced the arrival of the "Texas Kid") and our Christmas card this year is similarly humorous! It's important to have cards that reflect the seriousness (or serious lack of seriousness) of the senders.

pritchettzoo
11-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Chances are our lists don't overlap--maybe we can get a 2-fer deal from Rashmi? ;)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

mharling
11-29-2004, 08:46 PM
What about a 3-fer? I was wondering the same thing! :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

JLiebCamm
11-29-2004, 08:47 PM
The pic in the second card is priceless...you have to use that one! If you think it's too serious, why not put a more humorous quote beside it?

mharling
11-29-2004, 08:48 PM
I love them both! You can't go wrong either way. Her eyes in the first one just look amazing!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

Puddy73
11-29-2004, 09:05 PM
I love her expression on the first card and the second card is GORGEOUS! Maybe you could send the humorous one to those who share your great sense of humor and the serious one to older relatives? Heck, just send them both to everyone on your list - who could resist a double dose of Leela?

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Marisa6826
11-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Girlie-

I gotta say I just so love the second one. First one is cute, but the second one just takes my breath away.

I can't wait to meet her in person!!!!!! :)

-m

tippy
11-29-2004, 09:22 PM
Rashmi! I highly doubt anyone would say "ho-hum" after looking at that second card! That being said...you know your posse. Both cards are wonderful in their own right. You can't go wrong with either one, really.
Teva
Mom to AJ born 1-8-03

trentsmom
11-29-2004, 09:51 PM
I haven't started mine yet, and I'm getting all kinds of great ideas about what can be done in Elements. Plus I just love looking at all the talent of all the mamas here and the really cute kids!

jasabo
11-29-2004, 10:24 PM
The pic in the first one is so cute!! What amazing eyes! I'm kind of partial to the second card though, b/c it's just so beautiful. I agree with someone's suggestion - if you want to make it a little less serious, maybe use a more fun quote...?

You can't go wrong with either card though. They're both gorgeous!

Lisa - mom to 17 month old twin boys

NancyJ_redo
11-29-2004, 11:34 PM
We can each get exclusive territories in which to send our copy-catted cards. I've got dibs on the West Coast :P

jec2
11-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Leela is adorable in both, but I really do love the old one that you decided not to use.

dowlinal
11-30-2004, 01:18 AM
Leela is so beautiful!! I am in awe of your talent. I think both cards are wonderful and would be thrilled if I received either one. Suddenly my intentions of a plain photo card seem so blah!!

papal
11-30-2004, 08:18 AM
I however managed to ignore it all.. i should have checked replies to this post earlier.. i went ahead and ordered the first card...errgh.... maybe like someone suggested, I will order some of the second one to send the elders.. though they are the ones that need a laugh the most and someone popping out of an envelope and saying 'HEY YOU, HAPPY HOLIDAYS'!

papal
11-30-2004, 08:19 AM
If you really want your kiddos in there, email me and I can transplant Leela for Gracie/Lane/Braeden. lol.
Anna, it is not a PDF, it is a PSD. Photoshop Elements file. Get with it girl!!

dowlinal
11-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Rashmi,

This is probably a very stupid question, but where do you order your cards from? I'm guessing that you can use something like shutterfly and treat the whole card as the picture but I'm seriously clueless about this. I am so motivated by your beautiful cards that I am thinking of buying elements and playing around this weekend.

TIA
A

papal
11-30-2004, 09:24 AM
You are right. I used shutterfly and treated the card like a photo.
Elements would make a great stocking stuffer or pre-christmas gift! I highly recommend. And 2.0 is now just $40 or less!

mudder17
11-30-2004, 10:02 AM
OMG, I missed that one! So very cute! And yes, the first one totally cracks me up and is totally cute, but the second one, OMG, if I were only that talented! Hmm...I wonder if I have a picture of Kaya that would fit for that card. :)

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

kirstensmom
11-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Rashmi,
You are so talented. Love both cards and all the other ones you've done. Mind a few questions?? So did you order a regular 4x6 print for .29 for the xmas card? If so, what about the back of the card - doesn't it list photo info?

Also, do you know if there's a big difference between 2.0 and 3.0. For a beginner would 2.0 be fine?

TIA for any help.

Michelle
Mom to Kirsten 8/02

8isenough
11-30-2004, 11:41 AM
Rashmi....I have seen some of your handiwork and wanted to compliment you on your creativity. Your card is simply beautiful. The quotation is perfect.

Sterling

papal
11-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Hi Michelle,
Well, I normally would have ordered the matte 4x6 and mounted it on cardstock... that is the cheaper way to go.. but I just didn't have the patience this time around so ordered the 'custom card' on shutterfly.. it is a 5x7 card and the front of the card puts your picture on it. Yes, the back of the card does say 'shutterfly' or something like that... i don't think i care that much (a regular card would say Hallmark or whatever) but I might put a sticker or something if it is particularly hideous! :)

Oh, for a beginner, 2.0 is more than adequate imo. I haven't seen 3.0, but I am using 2.0 and it is fine for me! :)

hth

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-30-2004, 08:06 PM
and you can't go wrong with such a beautiful model!!!!
I love it!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan