PDA

View Full Version : It's a big week for the BBBers...

stella
11-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Amelia is making her grand entrance and Neve et famille are off to the Ukraine.

I can't believe that it's already time for these two big events.

I know that Marisa will probably have her laptop with her in the surgical suite, so we'll be informed on that end, but Neve, how are we to find your blog?

And what are the other big events this week?

Nothing for me - except that I'm going to San Francisco for a week for a seminar. Forensic evidence. You're probably all jealous. Everyone wants to know the intricacies of DNA. But I've never been to California and always wanted to go. And dh will come out for the second half of the week. So we'll have a little time-off from parenting. I hate leaving my children, but on the other hand, I am excited to leave them. Motherhood is so full of contradictory emotions - at least for me!

I just hope I can use my laptop in my hotel room so that I can keep up with all the news!

jbowman
11-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi Claire,

Our big event of the week happened today--Ellie is walking! I just created another thread in honor of the big event!

Have a wonderful time in San Francisco! What a *magical* city--you'll love being there sans kids! There are so many fabulous restaurants and fantastic stores!

Hope the conference is interesting too! I always love hearing about DH's job, etc., so the topic sounds fascinating to me. Prosecutors rule, LOL!

stella
11-29-2004, 09:06 PM
we should go to the same one sometime. These are put on by the National College of District Attorneys (NCDA) and they are really, really good. I have been to an "evidence for prosecutors" in New Orleans and one in San Antonio that I can't remember the name of. Both were before I had children.

But while most CLEs are very boring, these are really good.

And I needed my CLE by February and there's not much out there in December and January!

I will probably be lonely at the start of the week, but when dh comes, it will be fun.

Congratulations to Miss Ellie - your days of leisure are over!!

mharling
11-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Nothing big going on here! Just anxiously await the forthcoming BBB news. :)

Have a great time in San Francisco. Dh & I ate at a great restaurant, Town Hall, when we were there this past summer. Here is the website: http://www.townhallsf.com/ Great if you want a big dinner out with dh.

Have fun!!!

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

stella
11-29-2004, 09:14 PM
thanks for the tip. I'll look it up!

Marisa6826
11-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Girlie-

I WISH I could have my beloved laptop in the hospital. Good thing for that fentanyl drip, or else I'd be suffering withdrawals. :P

Anna (pritchettzoo) will be providing the announcement and pics of Miss Amelia. The announcement will obviously get to you guys before the pics, as Jonathan has to commute home from NYC to NJ in order to upload them.

I'm the second case of the day (providing no emergent c-sections ahead of me), so look for word around lunchtime.

I"m so very jealous of your trip to SF. It's a beautiful city. Try and go to the Japanese tea garden in Golden Gate Park. It's wonderful and holds a very special place in my heart.

Jonathan and I were just starting to date when he took me to SF for the weekend. We stopped at the tea garden for a break. My fortune said, "Stop looking. Your future is just next to you!". Well, the rest is history!!! :)

And honestly, I would really love to go to a forensic evidence seminar!! :)

Thanks for the good thoughts and have a good time. HEY! I JUST REALISED SOMETHING!!! You can get the REAL BROWNIES at Giardhelli Square. Now I'm REALLY jealous!!! :P

hugs

-m

C99
11-29-2004, 09:32 PM
Oooo, San Francisco! - I am jealous. Lately, I have been craving all sorts of treats from SF days that Chicago does not have. I'm going to Phoenix in January just so I can get an In & Out burger & fries.

My fantastic adventure for the week was getting my blood drawn this afternoon for the triple screen. Ex-citing! And my project should be in bed by tomorrow -- thank goodness!

hez
11-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Nothing too big here, except Payton's follow-up with the ENT (praying for no fluid in his ears!), and a holiday party with my new work group, both on Thursday. We're doing one of those gift exchanges where you can steal the gift-- I'm debating if I go for something crazy or something safe (like instant lottery tickets). Such a boring existence in comparison to the big news around here :)

I've only flown in and out of San Fransisco on my way to Modesto, but boy do I wish I could have spent some actual time there... Have fun when your DH joins you!

egoldber
11-29-2004, 09:41 PM
On Friday we have our 20 week ultrasound. Hopefully "The Blob" will reveal him/herself!

stella
11-29-2004, 09:48 PM
I bet it's a boy! I sure hope he/she isn't shy on Friday. I would have a hard time not knowing if I were in your position!!

nathansmom
11-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Well I've been told anyday now. I have someone who will be announcing when it happens and someone else who will have pictures to post. But you'll have to wait 24 hours.

jk3
11-30-2004, 06:52 AM
How exciting, Norah! Wishing you lots of luck. =)

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

brigmaman
11-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Wow! I didn't realize you were so close! Good luck to you- feel well!

cinrein
11-30-2004, 08:22 AM
My week is so boring that I actually am quite jealous of your forensic evidence seminar! (I do find that stuff fascinating.) Enjoy your week and probably much needed break from the kids.

Marisa, I'm counting down the days for you. I can't believe she's almost here. :)

Neve, sending you and your family good thoughts and prayers as you travel.

Cindy and Anna February 2003

candybomiller
11-30-2004, 10:16 AM
As everyone knows (because I've talked about it endlessly ;) ) I'm off to Seattle this weekend. I'm both very excited and scared to death!

I won't have computer access until I get home on Sunday, so I really, really look forward to catching up on all the news.

Misha412
11-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Big week for us -- Gavin turns ONE on Saturday! We went to look at the proofs of his Christmas portrait last night and I turned to DH and said "Who is that little boy and what did he do with our tiny baby?" I can't believe how fast the year has gone. When people used to say to me "Enjoy him now...it goes so fast" I thought they were exaggerating, but I know now how right they all were....

Claire -- your seminar sounds awesome! I love forensics...the only TV I watch regularly is all three CSIs! Besides the fact, you will be in SF, my absolute favorite city! If you don't mind spending lots of $$ for dinner, check out Aqua. I think we spent close to $200, but it was worth every penny! There website is:

http://www.aqua-sf.com/aqua/main.htm.

Also, definitely do drinks at the Top of the Mark....the view is unbelievable!

Have a great time!

Michele
Mommy to Gavin, 12/4/03

stella
11-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Well, expecting TWINS any day now is very big news!! How wonderful!

Congratulations and I wish you lots of strength and stamina!!

8isenough
11-30-2004, 11:29 AM
WOW! December 3rd has creeped up (though I'm sure not on you! :) ). Soon you will be a mama of TWO! I am so very excited for you and your family. I will anxiously await the good news. Praying for a smooth C and a painfree and quick recovery. (I swear you will feel better after this C than the last)

8isenough
11-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Heather,

Thoughts are with little Payton. NO FLUID, NO FLUID, NO FLUID! :)

Sterling

PS. I have a lot of experience with ear infections/complications/tubes if you have any questions. I would be happy to try and help.

8isenough
11-30-2004, 11:33 AM
So cool! Friday can't come fast enough. How exciting. Please share when you find out. What do you "feel" the baby is?

Sterling

8isenough
11-30-2004, 11:35 AM
Norah....Thoughts are with you and the family...twins...that is beautiful. Enjoy this special if not very hectic time. :) Can't wait to hear the "official" news!

Sterling

8isenough
11-30-2004, 11:37 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY (EARLY) LITTLE GAVIN! Yeahhh!!! Enjoy his special day and take lots of pictures! :)

Sterling

smomom
11-30-2004, 11:41 AM
wow, Norah! I can't believe it's almost time to meet the twins. Best of luck to you. I hope all goes well.

I can't wait to see the pics!

amazz
11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
Norah--I was just about to email you to ask how you were coming along! How big do they think the babies are right now? I hope everything goes very smoothly for you and your sons. Good luck!!

Angela
Mama to Kami Allyse (10/10/04)
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

TonFirst
11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, my little boy is due today, but as of 11 am yesterday, my cervix was still closed and I wasn't dialated one teeny bit, so I'm set to check into the hospital on Tuesday, 12/7 to be induced. They're going to do the prostoglandin on Tuesday night and hopefully, I'll be ready for the pitocin or for a membrane-stripping first thing Friday morning.

I'm secretly relieved that I won't be induced until the 8th - I really didn't want my baby's birthday to be the Day Which Will Live in Infamy, you know?

bluej
11-30-2004, 01:59 PM
How exciting! Easy for me to say, I'm not the one having twins in addition to an almost 2 year old! I hope you are comfortable and have a smooth and easy labor when it happens!

mudder17
11-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Oh my, I didn't realize it was almost time! Good luck in the next few days. Praying for a straightforward and healthy delivery for all!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

mudder17
11-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Nothing really interesting around here. I am going in to get fitted for my maid-of-honor dress (there are 3 of us for my younger sister). But otherwise we don't have anything really interesting planned until we leave for vacation on the 15th.

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

jubilee
12-01-2004, 01:59 AM
Norah, wishing you a wonderful delivery!! Your heart will be just so bursting with love when you see your boys :) Hugs to you,

Misha412
12-01-2004, 08:30 AM
Thank you Sterling! I will try to post pics on Sunday! (Unless I'm in a deep sleep after entertaining 11 little monkeys on Saturday!)

Michele
Mommy to Gavin, 12/4/03

stella
12-01-2004, 10:17 AM
Congratulations on the impending arrival! I hope it's smooth sailing!

lmintzer
12-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Congrats. and good luck to those who are due soon! I can't wait to hear the news and see pix of the little bitty ones!

Our big news: we survived our first plane trip with 2. It was far from easy but not as awful as I expected. Dealing with the carseats and the taxi and security and the rental car were the worst parts by far. When we got on the plane, I breathed a sigh of relief (my kids did well on board--that was the easy part). Sleeping arrangements were a bit tricky too, and missed naps (which is a "never" in our house, typically, made for crabby kids at times). But we managed to go around with 2 realtors and do our respective interviews. I'll post more about it on another thread.

TaChapm
12-01-2004, 03:24 PM
NORAH!!! How exciting!!! I have been thinking about you and wondering how things were going. You are going to be one busy mama! :) Can't wait to hear the good news!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02
and Surprise! #2 EDD 6-28-05

http://lilypie.com/baby3/021110/2/8/1/-6/.png

http://lilypie.com/days/050629/3/0/1/-6/.png