PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Put on the Dedication Page of a Photo Book?

August Mom
11-29-2004, 11:43 PM
I have SIL's name for our Christmas gift exchange and I have created a photo book for her at Ofoto. However, I'm a bit stumped with the dedication page.

At first, I just wrote a sentence, but then it looked silly in the preview because you have an entire page. Then I wrote several paragraphs basically about the history of her family (when they married, had kids, moved, etc.) and stated the purpose of the book ("This book seeks to capture the memories created by K, H, J & M (the children) in the life of the N family, a family truly blessed by the Lord). I thought about adding a Bible verse.

Anyway, DH, although basically having no involvement in the project, thinks this is silly and that I ought to thank the family members who provided photos, say who the book is to and put a Bible verse.

What have you done with this page?

Also, if you are so inclined, do you have any Bible verse suggestions?

MamaKath
11-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Any of those sound good. I actually like both your idea of a brief history, as well as dh's of thanks for pics. Maybe they could be combined? I would definitely add a Bible verse. Do you or she have a favorite? I searched a little bit on http://www.biblegateway.com/ and also looked up a few topics like faith and thankfulness in my God's promises for Mothers book (published by Countrymen). If there is a theme you can think of I can look it up in there and post some suggestions. HTH~

Some suggestions-
Phillipians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." (This is my favorite verse!)

Phillipians 2:1-2 1"If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. " (I thought this might work as you both have like-minded love for family and I am thinking faith.)

Thesselonians 3:5 "May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."

Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

1 Samuel 2:1
Then Hannah prayed and said:

"My heart rejoices in the LORD ;
in the LORD my horn [1] is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance

Ruth 2:20 "The LORD bless him!" Naomi said to her daughter-in-law. "He has not stopped showing his kindness to the living and the dead." She added, "That man is our close relative; he is one of our kinsman-redeemers."

August Mom
11-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Thank you! I was trying to find an appropriate verse about children (children are a blessing, etc.), family or possibly love, originally. MIL suggested Psalm 91. That is what they prayed before (and while) SIL's DH was in Iraq. However, to put the whole Psalm in there, it's too large to really have anything else, so I'm not sure. I could extract part of the psalm. If I did that, I think I'd use:

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2.

However, I imagine the rest of the Psalm was what was important while he was in Iraq (where it speaks of protection from harm).

I had thought about 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the turth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

However, that may make everyone think "wedding" because it's so commonly used.

I also considered James 1:17-18 (or maybe just 17)

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."

MamaKath
11-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Hmmm children related...

*- Psalm 127
3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD ,
children a reward from him. (NIV)

Psalm 127
3Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
The fruit of the womb is a reward. (KJV)

*Isaiah 54
13All your children shall be taught by the LORD,
And great shall be the peace of your children. (NIV)

Family related, maybe this?...
*Ruth 1
16But Ruth said:

"Entreat me not to leave you,
Or to turn back from following after you;
For wherever you go, I will go;
And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
Your people shall be my people,
And your God, my God.

And there is always the old proverbs one:
Proverbs 31
28Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
29"Many daughters have done well,
But you excel them all."
30Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised.
31Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.

Don't know, lol, probably not helping.