PDA

View Full Version : When did your DC start pulling up?

steph2003
11-30-2004, 09:05 AM
I know it is different for each child. DS "army crawls" but makes no attempts to pull up. There is a Gymoboree gym walkers class starting on Saturdays for 10 months+ but they have to be pulling up first. My DH is starting MBA classes on Saturdays in January so I am looking for some fun stuff to do with DS those days during the cold winter months. I thought Gymboree would be perfect & get us out of the house...but it will be a no go until DS starts pulling up!

When can I expect this to happen already?!

mudder17
11-30-2004, 09:12 AM
Well, Kaya is around the same age as Griff, and she's definitely not pulling up yet. She's only just mastered pulling herself up into a sitting position and she can support her weight and keep herself in a standing position while holding onto something, but she's certainly no where near pulling herself up into that position. And she army crawls as well, so it sounds like they're in similar situations.

Anyway, I guess I'm no help. :P

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

jk3
11-30-2004, 09:20 AM
Every child is different. My DS started commando style crawling at about 9.5 months. He started to crawl in the typical way about a month later + started to pull up at the same time.

As for Gymboree, you can sign him up for a class + switch to another class at any point in the session. IMO it doesn't really matter if a baby isn't doing what the others are doing but that is just my opinion!

Jenn
DS 6/03

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030603/2/5/1/-5/.png

Marisa6826
11-30-2004, 09:24 AM
I seem to recall about 10-11months.

I remember her standing and starting to cruise just at her first birthday.

Is he a big little guy? He might have a lot of body mass that he needs to figure out how to engineer.

-m

MamaKath
11-30-2004, 09:51 AM
It really can vary a lot! It did with my kids. DD was pulling up by 7 months and walking at 8. DS was about 11 months and didn't start walking until he was about a year or a bit more.

Misha412
11-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Steph:

Pulling up should happen any day now. DS was 9 months exactly when I walked into his room one morning and he was standing up in the crib smiling at me. He never showed any indication that he was getting ready to pull up...he just did it and surprised us all!

It's so funny how all of us moms get so anxious because of the "milestone timetables". DS is walking, says four words, claps and plays pattycake, but I'm still slightly worried because he doesn't wave "bye-bye" yet. LOL!

Griffin will pull up when he's ready -- every baby is unique and special. He's just probably waiting to surprise you with it!

Michele
Mommy to Gavin, 12/4/03

dowlinal
11-30-2004, 10:03 AM
What about a gymbo crawlers class? Madeline has been pulling up since 8 months and trying to cruse for the past few weeks, but right now the crawlers class is the best one for us. Most gymborees will let you switch classes once your child is ready for the next one.

miki
11-30-2004, 10:14 AM
I think around 9 months. But Lorelei started doing it on the stuff they have at the Gymboree. I'd put her in the giant inner tube thingy and she'd stand up inside it. But at home she did not pull up. I don't remember them telling me that she had to be pulling up to go to the walkers class. Julie (the one with the long wavy reddish brown hair) told me if DD was bored with the crawlers, it was ok to move her up.

But if you don't do Gymboree, there seem to be a bunch of WOHM moms nearby who'd be interested in Saturday playgroup.

steph2003
11-30-2004, 10:21 AM
Wen -
maybe I'll go to a preview walkers class to see if I think Griffin can handle it. Maybe they think he'll get trampled by the other kids, I don't know? He seems to hold his own in his daycare class & some of those kids are pulling up. I'm not sure who I talked to on the phone.

I guess I should check out too if there are some WOHM in the area who want to do a Saturday playgroup.

hope you aren't going too stir crazy up in Long Island!

steph2003
11-30-2004, 10:22 AM
They don't have enough interest for a crawlers class on Saturdays, unfortunately. I'm limited because of being a WOHM :)

dowlinal
11-30-2004, 11:09 AM
I'm also a WOHM so I hear you! Right now Madeline goes during the week with her Dad because I tried to do a Sat class but it required a 45 min drive to some remote location that took me past all of the major north jersey shopping mall. Ugh! DId I mention that it was 45 minutes without the X-mas traffic

Fortunately we've since discovered another gymbo branch with Sat classes that is only 25 minutes away and avoid all major highways. Otherwise I have been amazed at the complete lack of things available on Saturdays. Everything seems to be on a weekday morning.

A