PDA

View Full Version : Small update- blog in progress

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-30-2004, 11:06 AM
no need to respond...but for those intersted we are still trying to put our blog together, I have to say "reserving" a blog name and getting the website has been the simplest part, I jsut want to get Steve to add some pictures and for us to describe the process etc...
We should have it up Friday or knowing us the second we fly out.
But I will 100% post it here...
Just a reminder if days go by with no updates we might have problems with finding an internet cafe...
ALSO at the beginning once we get the referrals we might wait to describe the children until we have accepted...

Thanks ladies for all of your support...I will always remember it!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

McQ
11-30-2004, 12:04 PM
I can't wait to read your blog. Thanks for letting us take this ride with you.

What's the latest over there? Are they holding another election? Where is the NAC in all this madness?

Allison
~ mama to Declan 3.24.03 and Meghan 8.26.04

momathome
11-30-2004, 12:22 PM
{{{NEVE}}}!!! I just wanted to say best of luck, sweetie, as you begin your journey to bring your family home. I hope everything goes smoothly and that you, Steve, Tristan and Bronwyn stay safe and well. Can't wait to read all of the details!

mudder17
11-30-2004, 12:25 PM
Neve, hugs and stay safe to all of you. I look forward to reading your reports and living through your experience with you. Take care and good luck getting everything together before you leave! I know it will go well!

Eileen

Mother of Beautiful Kaya, www.chemicalgraphics.com/kaya
http://www.babysfirstsite.org/newtickers/ticker/16994.birthday.png

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_amber_9m.gif Breastfed 9 months and counting

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Parliament has said the past election is invalid, however they are not a legal authority it is more of a "blessing" that any invalid decision would have their blessing. But it is still great news. They evidently still say this but have gone back some on it and the "good guys" have entered their building and gone to the lobby in protest (peaceful) to insure they are still being heard.

Their supreme court is the legal authority and is still taking it all in, as of monday they are meeting on it and they will decide, I thought that would go quicker .

Putin (russian prez), "The bad guy", and Kushma (the current Ukraine President) NOTE THEY ALL ARE KREMLIN BASED ON THE BAD GUYS SIDE-under pressure have said they would be for re votes. The bad guy said only if he sees proof of fraud from the past...but none the less they are seeing this huge division in their country.

The good guy (who is married to an American) has the support from the West (side closest to Europe) and the bad guy has support from folks on the East (where most children come from) near Russia.
IT ends up yesterday that the bad guys turf is starting their own agendas and protests....

The good guy is referred to as "the orange guy"
The bad guy is referred to as "the blue guy"

So a re vote is what we want for the people of Ukraine obviously, but a re vote that makes the good guy win is what will effect us the most...since the bad guys folks will be up in arms, and they seem "more bad"....

Good guy wants re vote on Dec 12th (a sunday)...
Keep in mind our appt is Friday the 10th...
IF our appt goes well on the 10th that should be fine for us in that we will be leaving Kiev on the 12th to go to that region. HOWEVER if a Kremlin backed region (chances are high) it could be difficult there so who knows...we will have to try to not stand out or socialize for we obviously represent "western views"...

My only hope is that Dec 12th is too soon...to insure integrity of the vote that they will need more time, but the good guy thinks his people will lose the fight if much longer...I mean they are protesting in snow, rain , freezing cold.

A little violence yesterday in a "bad guy area" where some skin head thugs attacked some good guy folks (wearing orange)...blood shed with those metal knuckle things but no guns or knives I don't think. Just injuries...TO DATE I THINK THE ONLY BLOODSHED...

The NAC is open...it is off the beaten path and since the good guys are the one demonstrating it probably is not an office that they feel they need to protest...Appointments are happening, the Director is out of the office for two weeks (atleast) but she has put someone in charge in her absence who evidenly likes my team (HUGE NEWS TO HAVE HER IN CHARGE)...

Downside yesterday I heard from my Guardian Angel (the American Facilitator who is helping me on this end) and she heard from my team that the NAC is not going to let folks have more than one appt in Dec...in other words that if we don't pick your children on the 10th and accept them we can't go back. Tonya (my guardian angel) was almost in tears telling me this, but honestly I am not as worried about it. She was asked by my team to spare me those details and not to tell me. I feel like it puts more pressure on them (with me not knowing) to get a 'slam dunk" referral from the get go!!!!!
I HAVE NOT TOLD STEVE AND WILL NOT...INFACT HAVE NOT SHARED THAT WITH ANYONE BUT NOW...for some reason I am at incredible peace...
and again think it puts more prressure on my team in them not wanting me to know. I also hope my pregnancy might get me treated in a different way then some...

So long story but that is where we stand :)

amp
11-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Neve, honey, I am so thrilled for you! I won't be here when you leave Saturday, because we will be in sunny FL until Saturday, so best of luck on this trip. I hope everything goes very smoothly and I will eagerly be waiting for news on your blog website for news updates! Hugs!

jec2
11-30-2004, 12:42 PM
probably best then not to pack your orange or blue clothes! I hope it all goes well for you all. I am excited to read your blog and hear updates on it all. I'm glad to hear you are at peace with the process right now. Hopefully in the "thick of it" you can as well. Ooh, it is all so exciting :)

Momof3Labs
11-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Such a roller coaster!! We'll be thinking of all of you and checking your site constantly - you will probably have a record number of hits, Neve!

barbarhow
11-30-2004, 05:15 PM
As always-thoughts are with you guys as you head out on this amazing adventure. What stories you will have to tell your children. What stories they will have to tell theirs. Incredible. Lots of hugs. Can't wait to follow your progress. Lots of love to all of you!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

jubilee
12-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Thank you Neve for blogging this journey and for sharing it with us. I am very excited to read your story. I'm sure you know what a adoption blog-hound I am- I always read every one you've referred to. So reading yours will be so special. I pray that your time in the Ukraine will be peaceful and ultimately that the adventure will fill your heart and home.

Misha412
12-01-2004, 08:41 AM
Neve:

For the past week, whenever the news report turns to the Ukraine, I stop what I'm doing and watch with you in mind. Though my husband simply can't understand how I could be so concerned for someone I never "met", I worry for you as much as I would one of my dear friends here in CT. You are such a vibrant contributor to the board and your posts are so enthusiastic, that I feel as though I "know" you already.

All good blessings to you and your family on this important journey. What you and your DH are doing is such a wonderful thing, and I hope you continue to carry this sense of peace with you. I am thinking of you and hope all goes as you've dreamed. Those children are so very lucky to get a mother like you....

Be safe.

Michele
Mommy to Gavin, 12/4/03

janeybwild
12-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Neve, I wish you a safe journey. Know that the thoughts of many are with you, Steve and Tristan, and of course the children who are waiting for you. It is amazing to think of all that you have gone through just to get to this point. Never underestimate the power of a mother! Good luck.

lmintzer
12-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Wow, Neve. I can't tell you how impressed I am with your inner strength and outer energy. I don't think I could do something like this. We were practically undone by a trip to Philadelphia, lol.

I wish you the best and will be thinking of you during your travels.

jasabo
12-01-2004, 01:55 PM
Wow! What an amazing journey you all are on! And how far you've come! I remember when you first posted about wanting to adopt...and now you're off to bring your family home. How exciting! Every time I see stories about the Ukraine on the news, I think of you guys. I hope your travels are safe and that you're home soon with your kiddos :)

Lisa - mom to 17 month old twin boys

NancyJ_redo
12-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Neve - thanks so much for sharing the highs, lows and thrills of your journey with all of us. Of course you'll be in all of our thoughts. I'll be following your blog closely and can't wait to read the entry when your entire family is home safe and sound!! Now go get them Momma Bear!!

brigmaman
12-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Lisa and Neve,
That's what strikes me as well. Here I am not wanting to walk to the mailbox because it's blustery outside. You are amazing, Neve.
Best of luck...stay safe!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-01-2004, 04:31 PM
You all are sweet...but know that I too don't want to walk to the mailbox let alone the car if it is raining etc...but don't forget we are talking about my children at the end of that "walk" in this case...
I suspect if we all imagined our children in any sitution that we all would take the path that leads us to them...

I keep getting emails from folks scaring me about the situation over there and I have to remind them our local mall just had a killing and until now not one person has been killed in these MASSIVE demonstrations there...but when these people say "are you still going????" I really wonder if they forgot our children are there!!!!

zuzu
12-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Can't wait to read about your exciting journey!
I hope you don't hit too many hurdles, and I'm so excited for you all.

Big hugs.
Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)