PDA

View Full Version : Anyone uploaded pics to SamsClub and then picked up in store?

searchdog
11-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone has done this, I just saw it on there website and wondered how well it works. Are they really ready in one hour? If it is this is awesome. I usually get my prints at Costco, is the SamsClub photo lab the same quality? Thanks

andie16
11-30-2004, 03:44 PM
I upload prints to Sams Club and then pick them up at the store and so far it has worked out great. My store doesn't have a one-hour photo lab so the prints aren't ready in an hour because they have to be shipped from the developer. I think the quality is pretty good, but not great-that may depend somewhat on the specific lab that is doing the developing. The great thing about digital is that if you aren't happy with the quality of the print, it's not like they've screwed up developing your negative.

Uploading the prints can take a while, even with a DSL connection, but it's so much better than trying to do it in the store with DD getting impatient. I found that it's better to go through the login process on the photo center website because then your images are saved for a month-that way if you decide you want more prints after you get them back you don't have to upload them again.

Hope that helps,

Andie and Daisy (9/23/03)

Thatchermom
11-30-2004, 07:18 PM
If you are a happy Costco customer, check their website. Costco offers this same service in many areas.

Jen841
11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
I have done this, and it would have been successful, but the machine was malfunctioning that day. I did get my prints, and they were good as usual! I find them the same as Costco.

I did learn they have the same machines as Walmart, but their price is less.

I tested then with a copy of our Christmas picture, and now will send a final run to them for pick up this weekend.

Happy snapping!

searchdog
11-30-2004, 09:05 PM
I checked my costco doesn't have this, I am in Indiana. There photo lab really irritated me, because I wanted to know if they would print one greeting card and let me look at it to make sure that it looks the way I want since I was going to do some stuff to it in photoshop. The person responded "we don't do sample prints here" I told them I would pay for the "sample", but didn't really want to buy 50 cards only to find our they look horrible. So I will either be going to Walmart, will they will print just one card, or if Sam's Club will do just one then I will go there. I have a membership to both Costco and SamsClub. Costco is our personal one and I am a part of my Uncles Business membership at Sam's Club since he has me pick things up for him.