PDA

View Full Version : holiday card/shutterfly help please

mysweetboy
11-30-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm back w/more questions. :) I created a card a couple weeks ago (the pout) that I liked but wanted to try something different. I love this picture that I took of Charlie, it's just so natural and sweet to me. And I think it goes perfectly w/the quote. So my questions are:

1. How does the border look? First I had a lighter red background w/a dark red border. I changed it to darker red background w/white border w/80% opacity. I'm just not sure about it.

2. I think the quote looks ok but not sure about the author. Do you think Mother Teresa should be a different font color?

3. Shutterfly question...when I upload the card, the image looks perfect but the rest of the card & text looks a bit blurred. Is this normal?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/17870.jpg

I haven't had much time to post in the last week but I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll have more time to post after I get this card done!

Thanks. :)
Lori
mommy to Charlie, almost 7 months old!

edited to correct terrible misspelling

babymama
11-30-2004, 04:44 PM
Great picture!

It could just be my screen, but I'm having a hard time reading the text. Could you create more of a contast on the colors? Like maybe a white font (font and photo border look pink to me)? Without seeing the earlier version you created (lighter red outside, darker red photoborder & font) it's hard to compare. I like the darker red on the outside. Maybe it's the opaque effect that's making the other stuff look pink.

The words "Mother Teresa" are barely visable. That could be a function of the color not contrasting enough or you could increase the font. Don't think it would hurt to increase the font a tad.

I think it would be nice to adorn your card with some sort of clip art image - tree, snowflake, present - that conveys the occassion. That art would look great in green or white on the red background.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

kristine_elen
11-30-2004, 04:47 PM
What a cutie. I think it looks good as is, but I might try putting a hair-thin black border inbetween the photo and the white border. But I like it as is.
I would not put MT in other color; too busy.
No idea about Shutterfly; you could call them. Phone number is on web site.
ETA: I do agree it's hard to read the name Mother Teresa. I'd increase the font a bit. IMHO, though, you don't snowflakes or anything. But I tend to go for a "simpler is better" route. Just me.