PDA

View Full Version : Tree toppers

lablover
11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
I hate mine. Anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a nice item for the top of the tree? Looking for anything...angel, star, etc. Thanks!

MartiesMom2B
11-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I actually just got a pretty cool looking silver star that looks like its made of wire at Target. They had a great selection there.

-Sonia

Tondi G
11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
We started out with a simple star from IKEA years ago! Last year DH decided he was bored of it and bought one from Target.... it's a frosted white star and it glows.... plugs into a light strand!

I would check out Target.... they have a TON of different styles! Stars, angels you name it!

Good luck
~Tondi

HGraceMom
11-30-2004, 02:02 PM
Last year we were on the Christmas home tour for the local symphony... I had a lady come in and help me "finish" a few things - she made the most beautiful tree topper out of ribbon - just tied 6 large bows out of wired ribbon (the 2 or 3 inch kind they sell at Costco) and wired them around the top of the tree. It looked like one giant bow, and was beautiful. We put long curled streamers of the ribbon down the tree, and coordinated the color with all the paper and ribbons on the presents under the tree - the whole thing was stunning, and I'm not tied to using it every year because it only cost around $7 for one roll of the ribbon (I think it was 50 yards.)

lablover
11-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Oh good - I'll check out Target then! I'm there every week anyway.....

I like the bow idea too. Definitely have to remember that for next year - this holiday season is super busy for me so I won't even attempt it this year, but it sounds beautiful!