PDA

View Full Version : BORING POST! Can you help me with laundry stains??

ShayleighCarsensMom
11-30-2004, 11:04 PM
My children are a mess! I buy cute gymboree and mulberribush shirts for them to wear and after one wearing they are stained with juice or popcicle or something...
Are there any really good stain removers out there? I am not really good with pretreating, I was hoping for something I could throw in the wash to get it out! We have a front loading HE3 if that helps...
So laundry gurus, help me out here!
Thanks!

heidi_timms
11-30-2004, 11:10 PM
My favorite is Oxiclean for pre-treating. I know-a pain, but it works sooo well! I heat up a cup of water till boiling in the microwave and pour in a scoop. It fizzes like a bad science project and I just pour on stains and leave on for a short while. I have even taken out stains that were dried in (hand-me-down Gymboree). You can also add it to the wash, but it doesn't work quite as well. Warning, don't use on hand-dyed stuff like tie dye or Naartjie clothes (much of their stuff is hand-dyed). They sell Oxiclean by the bucket at Costco and it lasts forever.

I also love Zout spray. It works really well too. For our Naartjie (hand-dyed) stuff, I use Fels Naptha soap bar.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey
4/03

Tondi G
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
OXICLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what we do. I buy the bucket of Oxiclean from Costco and use a scoop in practically every load! On clothes that have a stain and have already been laundered you will need to do a soaking. Put a scoop in a basin, add HOT water to "activate" the oxiclean and soak those clothes overnight. For tough stains I put a little Oxiclean in a cup with some hot water and then scrub the stain/spot with an old toothbrush..... then pop it in the wash with the next load!

My neighbor had given up on a tshirt her DS had that she LOVED! I told her about oxiclean but she swore the blueberry smoothie that was all over the shirt wouldn't come out. Her hubby soaked it like I told him too, overnight, and then laundered the shirt the next day. It looked like a brand new shirt! She was so pleased!

Hope it does the trick for you!

~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
lil man #2 edd 5/5/05

ShayleighCarsensMom
11-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Thanks so much both of you! I guess I need to give oxyclean a try!

Vajrastorm
11-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Yet another vote for Oxyclean. Best stuff ever.

Elilly
12-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Do you use the oxiclean baby or regular oxiclean?

jd11365
12-01-2004, 08:14 AM
Another vote for Zout. It's technically a pre-treat, but just squirt and wash. I usually squirt everything that needs it as I'm throwing it into the washer, wait a little while for it to set in, then turn it on and add a scoop of Oxyclean...usually works like a charm.

HTH!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03