PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Make a Snowflake

August Mom
11-30-2004, 11:16 PM
I am trying to finalize my Christmas card and would like to add some snowflakes. I think I should be able to use the cookie cutter snowflake shape, but I'm having trouble getting the snowflake to show up. It either disappears (I'm assuming because I don't have a layer underneath) or it is the wrong color. I was thinking that if I want a white snowflake, I would want a white background, then fill with a different color, use the cookie cutter and, viola, a white snowflake that I could then move to my main card. This approach isn't working, though. Do I need the background of my original project the color that I want the snowflake or how does that work?

TIA

jec2
11-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Ugh! my long helpful post just got sent to cyberspace :(

Anyway, you should be able to use the magic wand tool (second from the top on the right hand side of the floating "tool bar" if you are using photoshop). You can select the snowflake and once you do you should have a "twinkling" dotted lines so that you know it is selected. THEN, use the "fill" (the paint can) loaded with the color you want and fill in the snowflake. You should be able to change the color before or after you copy and paste the snowflake atop your background.

Sometimes, the layering of the images gets confusing. But, just think of the card as a layered open-faced sandwich. The background color (e.g. red) is the bread, and everything else is layered on top of that.

Hope this helps.

jec2
12-01-2004, 12:05 AM
If you tell me how big you want it and the background color you are using, I'll send one to you.

August Mom
12-01-2004, 01:01 AM
Thank you. I e-mailed you through the boards.