PDA

View Full Version : let's talk Amazing Race (SPOILER)

babymama
11-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

What an unexpected ending!

I was surprised that the last remaining all-female team was eliminated. I can't believe she was out there for *8 hours* and pushed 100 bales of hay (cut up hands and all!). You go, sister! That's like more energy than it takes to run a marathon!!!

That Ikea challenge would have been my WORST nightmare. My DH hates putting together IKEA furniture, so if we had been competing we would have had to count all those pans and stuffed animals. What a PITA!

I'm starting to get a better feel for the teams now (though I can't remember any of their names). I really like the older couple. I teared up in the preview for next week's episode when they showed him crying and saying "I'm so proud of her".

Seems like this time around there were less "go baby go"s and "good job, baby!"s. Or maybe I'm tuning out the word "baby" now.

Blue hair guy has got to be one of the most annoying people ever to be on a reality tv show. He doesn;t bother me as much as Colin from last season (disturbing, that one) for some reason.

I thought the wrestlers were toned down, which was good.

The father/daughter team is looking strong (despite Dad's inability to run). I can't believe it took them so long to find the Ice Bar. Big ups to Dad, for getting the sliding shot glass challenge on the first try. And they just plowed right through the IKEA challenge.

I am not really keen on the team w/ the woman w/ the purple bandana on her head (don't know their names, but last week they had a time penalty for picking up 2 clues). Can't pinpoint it yet, but somethign about them bothers me.

It was a good episode!

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

tarahsolazy
12-01-2004, 12:17 AM
The three most hateful teams in Race history are out there this time, and none have been eliminated yet:

Johnathon and Victoria: aka bluehair and botox - they are SO mean to each other, especially the guy, What a tool. "I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF" PLEASE!

Adrian and his ex girlfriend: His little ponytail-horns are such a plea for attention, as are his Elvis sunglasses, (now lost) and his overall histrionics.

Laurie and Bolo: Also very mean to each other, she totally bullies him, and he yells right back.

I think you are totally tuning out the Babies, cause they are flying thick.

My current faves:
Gus and Hera: Anyone that names their daughter after a Greek Goddess is cool, IMO
Aaron and Hayden: Not totally hateful to each other, and I think she's tough
The old folks: how can you not root for them, although I am sure their days are numbered.

Buffys Mommy
12-01-2004, 12:20 AM
Yes definitely not the ending expected. And big props to her for being out there for so long - even well after they knew they were the last team.

DH is excellent at putting together IKEA stuff. I took one look at the challenge and said - put the furniture together. The counting just looked too difficult.

As much as I couldn't stand Colin last time, I really think I dislike Blue hair guy even more. He seems so abusive to his wife.

And I have to say I love TIVO and having East Coast feeds. Got the babies (Sarah & DH) to bed, then watched the show without commercials, finishing up 10 minutes into when the show starts out here.

Can't wait until next weeks episode.

Tammie
Sarah Michelle 10/13/03

mamahill
12-01-2004, 01:27 AM
I hated this episode! I hate blue-hair and how he looks like he's about to beat his wife - but she's not very nice either. I hate the how po'd the wrestlers got. And I hate that the sisters got eliminated. What crappy luck that she pushed that many bales and nada. I reallyreallyreally wish it had been a non-elimination round. And I got all choked up when Lena said she just didn't want to let her sister down. Awwww.

Dh and I would have put the desk together. We've put a bunch of Ikea stuff together and I know how to read (or look at) directions. But then, it all goes back to how most of these people are map-ically challenged. Yoy. I don't know that I care who wins now - so long as it isn't blue hair. Or satan horns. Or the wrestlers. I want Phil to win.

sdjeppa
12-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Can blue hair be ANY ruder??? He drives me nuts.

And I like the older team - I really hope they hang in there!

I felt so bad they were eliminated - she tried so hard, and was so tired. :(

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Oh my goodness give me Colin over blue hair ANYDAY!!!!!!
That blue hair guy is like a flea and a crazy man rolled into one...he and Johnny Fairplay from Survivor are my two biggest criminals of reality TV and I think blue hair takes the cake for the king of it. I deteste the man...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the father and daughter team...she said he was a surgeon and she was a nurse, I find her to be the coolest of the coolest. I doubt they'll win but I really really like them.

I don't many of the names (or any) but I also like the "gorgeous" couple, the girl who is blond with pretty teeth and smile, they just seem to be easy going, happy and enjoying it...

So glad that the host went out there to the hay thing...and didn't leave them to do that all night...

I felt for the older couple...here's the man on TV trying to get the IKEA clerk to over look his counting "because we are 40 years older than all of these guys"...I think he forgot this is on TV?????

I never in a million years would have counted tiny stuffed animals...I really am suprised that anyone got it right...I was glad that the older folks decided to build something for their count was off a good 400 many times...how can you be off by 400 consistently????

Oh and for some reason I can excuse the wrestlers fighting, I guess I kind of expect that from them, I for some reason don't hold that against them...

devil hair is just insecure and very very very odd...

There is not enough diversity on this show to really get to know the teams I don't think, I get them all confused...

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

KrisM
12-01-2004, 10:18 AM
>I felt for the older couple...here's the man on TV trying to
>get the IKEA clerk to over look his counting "because we are
>40 years older than all of these guys"...I think he forgot
>this is on TV?????
>
>I never in a million years would have counted tiny stuffed
>animals...I really am suprised that anyone got it right...I
>was glad that the older folks decided to build something for
>their count was off a good 400 many times...how can you be off
>by 400 consistently????
>

I wondered that, too. Did it have something to do with the pans? There were 2 or 3 pans packaged together. It wasn't clear to me if the package counted as 1 or if each pan was 1. That could put them way off in the count.

I never would have attempted to count those stuffed animals, either. It would drive me nuts.

wencit
12-01-2004, 12:03 PM
I got a good laugh out of Bolo counting, "66....68....80...." :D I had to rewind that on my Tivo a couple of times. Even the Ikea worker seemed to stifle a laugh.

Ugh, Jonathan (aka Bluehair) makes Colin seem like a gentleman. Did anyone else notice in the taxi when he was fighting with Victoria that he seemed like he wanted to physically smack her a couple of times?

That was a very unsatisfying ending. It sucks to be taken out like that.

brubeck
12-01-2004, 12:09 PM
It was so obvious that the counting was insane. I am totally amazed that 2 of the teams actually got it right. With over 2,000 items! We have put together lots of Ikea stuff before and that would have been relatively easy for us.

I don't think the old couple will EVER shop at Ikea for the rest of their lives, LOL. Did you like that one guy that couldn't even pronounce Ikea?

I also like the couple that came in second. They weren't shown much in the first 2 episodes but they seem to be nice and POLITE and cheery. I was impressed that they didn't even gripe when the actors team pushed ahead of them to get the 'first place prize'.

Blue Hair has got to go but they are pumping him up to be so much of a villan I am afraid that they will make it to the final 3 (like Colin did).

I am constantly surprised at how little the wrestlers can do. One team said that they were biking against their muscled legs and then they cut to a shot of Bolo stretching his legs out because he can't pedal anymore. And they run so slowly! I would have thought that they would be more buff on the physical nature of the challenges.

And I have to step out here.... I liked the sisters but frankly I think she wasn't doing the challenge right. They said that there were 20 clues in 270 bales. So that's more than 1 in 14. How can she unroll 100 bales and not find it? I think she wasn't looking properly for it.

I did enjoy the episode though. This is the best show on TV (unless Blue Hair wins).

DebbieJ
12-01-2004, 01:22 PM
I am SO bummed that Lena and Kristy got eliminated. They were one of the few teams that hasn't had a screaming match or huge disagreement. They seemed to enjoy each other's company and generally worked hard. I wonder if she just missed the clues. Your luck can't be THAT bad.

Blue hair is abusive, no doubt about it. I wonder what will happen when they get eliminated. I can't stand how Victoria just takes it.

I'm loving Kris and Jon (last night's 2nd place couple). They are also having fun, working well together.

I would have NEVER counted all those items. As Bolo pointed out, they're living on like 6 hours of sleep in a few days. I would have gone mad! I've put together Ikea stuff before, so it would have been much easier.

~ deb
Mommy to my sweet boy
B born 12/03
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10023.jpg http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/10029.gif

cinrein
12-01-2004, 03:58 PM
I think both blue hair and his wife are nuts. He's bad, but she's not too far behind him. I can't believe they married each other!

Sad to see the sisters go. I too thought that she must have missed the clue. It doesn't seem possible to unroll 100 bales of hay and not find one.

I really like the father/daughter team, but fear his unwillingness to hustle will cost them the game sooner or later. I like the couple that came in 2nd and wonder why we see almost nothing of them? Maybe because they don't fight?

I don't really like Freddy and Kendra either and can't put my finger on why.

Anyone catch that now any 1 team member can't perform more than 6 roadblocks (or is it the detours). I bet that new rule is going to come back and bite someone.

Cindy and Anna February 2003