PDA

View Full Version : Pants Length ?

bnme
12-01-2004, 08:09 AM
The thread on pants for short mamas got me thinking - What is the appropriate length for pants? Meaning where should they fall on your foot?

I am 5'2 and usually buy 'short' or 'petite' but often I feel like I am wearing them too short. (where's the flood? ;) ). Does it depend on your shoe type, like if it is a heel or not? I am hopelessly 'out of it' fashion-wise!!

I just bought my 1st pairs of jeans in 2 years and want to make sure I am not walking arould looking like a fool. FWIW, the non-short version was way too long and I am both lazy and cheap about getting pants hemmed! They are very cute jeans from Chiccos and I want to keep them - my mom works there so they are a great deal.

Marisa6826
12-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Casual pants I wear so that they're ankle length (just above your foot). I usually wear slides or mules - but always flats. I've also sometimes cuffed jeans/khakis just a hem length if necessary. In the summer, I'll wear capris that are up above my ankle, but never clam diggers (mid calf). I found that they really make my legs look that much shorter. I'm 5'-1" on a good day.

Dress pants should be a just a little longer, so they hit the top of your instep, but not so long that you're stepping on the back of them.

One of my biggest pet peeves is women that wear pants so long that they only fit if they're wearing really high heels. I want to run up to them and hand them a pair of scissors!

Make sense?

-m

lizajane
12-01-2004, 09:56 AM
i don't like my socks to show. i like long pants. not long enough that you step on the heel. that is so annoying! but long enough to sit on the top of my shoe and long enough to wear them with heels, but still not so long that i can't wear flat shoes.

most of my pants are a little too long when i DON'T wear shoes, but are just right when i do wear shoes. does that make sense?