PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Issues! Need Advice (long)

usfrph
12-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Help! We are co-sleeping with DS and it was working great with DS waking up to eat then falling asleep again rather quickly. He would do his 'leg lifts' at around 5ish to get rid of gas but once he was done he would fall back asleep again.

For the past few weeks his sleep is going down the tubes. DS will wake up at around 1-2 am, eat then will toss and turn till 5 am or so. He flails his arms like he's swatting bugs, kick his legs around like he's trying to get rid of his socks, 'whine' cry (ehh, ehhh, ehh...). He's not hungry, he doesn't have gas, we've had the same schedule, same diet. Once it's around 5ish (when I'm about to get up anyway), he spits out his paci and falls into a deep tired sleep till about 8am.

His naps are also not as good. He used to nap 1 hr, 2 hrs, 1 hr and lately he's been napping 30 mins, 1 hr, 30 mins. Not so good but not too worried since I've read that they sleep less during the day as they consolidate their night sleep. If only that were the case -- his night sleep is getting worse!

Please tell me he'll grow out of this and this is a phase :-) He's turning 6 months old on the 10th.
Any advice on what I can do? Move him to his crib and let him CIO? I really don't want to do this but I need some sleep and so does DS.

TIA and thanks for reading.

Jamie

steph2003
12-01-2004, 02:11 PM
We didn't co-sleep cause my DS was too wiggly/noisy & we just all needed our own space. So maybe your DS is just needing his own space as he gets older?

Also, I seem to have remembered reading a lot of sleep posts where posters said around the 5-6 month mark babies can hit this weird sleep thing where they seem to regress!

hopefully someone else will have a more helpful answer!