PDA

View Full Version : Lost

Raidra
12-01-2004, 09:04 PM
How cool was tonight's episode? I can't wait for next week's!

Do you think Ethan Rom is an anagram for something? There's got to be some meaning behind his name..

Oddly, our last name is Raum, pronounced Rom. :)

sunny2003
12-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Oooh, I wondered if anyone would post - this ep really creeped me out for some reason - maybe the pregnant woman in danger with the mysterious baby of destiny plot line? But it was really good. And how creepy is Ethan - he is played by Tom Cruise's cousin who was also a really bad guy in In the Bedroom.

Viv
Mommy to Kayley born on 4/28/03

Marisa6826
12-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I missed the first 20 minutes, dag nabbit!

-m

sunny2003
12-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Do you want a recap? Also, Television without Pity will have a rundown too. . .

Viv

Marisa6826
12-01-2004, 11:33 PM
Sure. All I gathered was that Claire somehow got attacked. I turned it on just as she was hanging curtains in her apartment and the baby's father told her he was leaving.

-m

sunny2003
12-01-2004, 11:59 PM
It starts with Claire having a nightmare where she finds her baby's crib on the island and she reaches in and only finds blood - she screams and everyone comes to see if she's ok - she was sleepwalking and dug her fingernails into her palms so she is really bleeding. Also Locke was in her dream but can't remember what he says. After the credits, she starts to flashback on when she found out she was pregnant - she was with artist boyfriend and she starts to freak out a bit when she sees the pregnancy test. He then tells her that they should have the baby together - they can do this. A few days later she goes with a gf to the psychic. He looks at her hands and sees that she is pregnant (she is not showing so he must know through psychic abilities), then starts to make serious face, breaks off reading, gives her money back and demands that she leaves.

Then, night again and she goes to sleep but then thinks that someone is trying to inject a needle in her belly - she screams again and everyone rushes to her but Jack cannot find a puncture wound. In the meantime, Charlie and Hurley look for an assailant. Next day, Hurley decides to do a census since they don't really know everyone's name. Also, Jack talks to Charlie and tells him that she may just be having very strange pregnancy dreams. Charlie insists that this is really happening. Don't remember if you saw this but Hurley also does census of creepy Ethan - says his name is Ethan Rom and that he is from Ontario.

I think that has you caught up - and you will be having a lot more to think about in the next few days! :) We are thinking of you gf!

Viv

twinmama
12-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Hmm, I just rearranged the letters to spell "more than," but I think that's probably just a coincidence and not a clue. Do you think Ethan could be Alex, the French woman's kid?

Lisa

new_mommy25
12-02-2004, 01:38 AM
Lisa, that's what DH and I thought. In any event he was super, super creepy. I was glad to see Sayid come back at the end. I can't wait till next week. The show is so addicting!

Angie and Noah http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif

http://www.picturetrail.com/angelita25

Raidra
12-02-2004, 07:07 AM
I was thinking he's Alex, too. I wonder why he wants Claire and Charlie.. hmm..

Raidra
12-02-2004, 07:07 AM
I was thinking he's Alex, too. I wonder why he wants Claire and Charlie.. hmm..

JMS
12-02-2004, 09:42 AM
The last 4 minutes (including scenes for the next episode) were so intense. Why did he kidnap them? AND, why is he on the Island? I think he is Alex but is part of a larger group of people? also on the Island and is not in contact with his mother. I am so into this show.. and the fortune teller guy? Is it a conspiracy to get a pregnant girl on stranded on the Island because they want her baby for something??

And what about Ethan Frome, sounds like Ethan Rom?? (I'm not too familiar but it was the first thing I thought of)

JMS
12-02-2004, 09:42 AM
The last 4 minutes (including scenes for the next episode) were so intense. Why did he kidnap them? AND, why is he on the Island? I think he is Alex but is part of a larger group of people? also on the Island and is not in contact with his mother. I am so into this show.. and the fortune teller guy? Is it a conspiracy to get a pregnant girl on stranded on the Island because they want her baby for something??

And what about Ethan Frome, sounds like Ethan Rom?? (I'm not too familiar but it was the first thing I thought of)

Laurelsmom2002
12-02-2004, 10:15 AM
help- whats gonna happen next week- tivo cut it off before it ran

jesseandgrace
12-02-2004, 10:55 AM
It was so scary! Even better than desperate housewives.

houseof3boys
12-02-2004, 01:12 PM
I think it's Alex. Maybe there was something with him and a baby when they first crashed and now he is mental about going after Claire's baby.

I cannot wait for next week and more importantly, for Alias and Lost to be on the same night in January. I told DH we will be in heaven on Wednesday nights when it comes to programming! :)

sunny2003
12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
They showed Locke and Jack trying to track where Charlie and Claire went - and then a scene where Ethan has his foot on top of Jack's chest and says something like "you keep trying to follow me and one of them will die." Here is the next ep description from the ABC site -

Next Episode:
Wednesday, December 8, 8/7c
"All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues"
Survivors wonder why Charlie and the pregnant Claire have been abducted - and by whom — and a search party ventures into the treacherous jungle to try to find and rescue the missing duo. Meanwhile, inner-demons about his father resurface for Jack, and Boone and Locke discover another island mystery.
Viv

nwaddellr
12-02-2004, 03:24 PM
I totally agree that the end of the episode was creepy. I had to not think about it as I was walking around the house in the middle of the night. The rest of the episode was a bit tame, and I agree that "Ethan Rom" must stand for something significant.

Raidra
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
There was also a bit where it looked like Sawyer was holding a knife to Sayid, who was lying on the ground.

As for anagrams.. Ethan Rom can be Other Man. Someone also suggested that Rom could stand for Royal Ontario Museum, and maybe Ethan was a scientist from there. He said he was from Ontario. :)

brubeck
12-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Claire said that someone tried to inject her. I had thought this might be Danielle who is pining after her own lost child?

I don't think Ethan wanted Charley, I think he just wants Claire's baby.

As for Ontario, there is an Ontario in California. Ethan might NOT be from Canada.

new_mommy25
12-03-2004, 02:44 AM
Ooh Rachel, you're good!

new_mommy25
12-03-2004, 02:46 AM
I got the impression that the fortune teller guy convinced Claire to get on the plane because he knew the plane would crash and it was the one sure way to make her raise the baby. Apparently that baby is going to very important.

And what is up with her flying that late in her pregnancy anyway??