PDA

View Full Version : Christmas stockings

Emmas Mom
12-02-2004, 04:18 PM
Ok, we're trying to find some cute Christmas stockings. Well, really I am, DH doesn't care if they're cute or what have you. I like the kind you can have names embroidered on, but LL Bean & Lands End (where I've checked) don't have that great of selections to me. I'd like them to all be "similar" and there are only three of us right now, so I want to be able to buy more when & if we have more kids. What have you done for Christmas stockings? Any good ideas? Any totally cute ones out there that you think are a must have?? :)

redhookmom
12-02-2004, 05:57 PM
My Mom made stockings for each of my kids thier first Christmas. My grandmother made mine and I was so happy when my Mom carried on the tradition.

sbjf
12-02-2004, 06:38 PM
I just got the LL Bean ones in the mail today and they are BEAUTIFUL! We only needed 4 total (we're done after this baby) so the selection was fine for us. However, Lands End has the same ones really and have a larger selection of patterns. I think these are the best places to get them from really. :-) Good quality, service and they'll be around for a while.

searchdog
12-02-2004, 09:17 PM
I bought my stockings from JCPenney this year. There are currently only three of us right now so we ordered three that were monogrammed and then I order two extra that are not momogrammed. We plan on having one more child, we will just have the name put on at that point, and the fifth one is extra and a just in case stocking. I wouldn't want to have a third child later and not have a matching stocking for him/her, although the current plan is just 2 kids but 3 would be the absolute max for us.

LucyG
12-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I got one from Pottery Barn Kids from DD. They are sold out online and through the catalog, but many of the stores still have them. I only had to call two stores to find the one I wanted, and they shipped it to me with no problem. The stores do not monogram (catalog does), so I am having DD's name put on it locally. It's quilted, big, and really cute. PBK does similar stockings each year, so I think I can find one for future kids with no trouble.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

Corie
12-03-2004, 04:31 PM
I saw a couple of great Christmas stockings in the Garnet Hill catalog. They are called the Homestead Wool Stocking.
www.garnethill.com

Also, I saw some cute hand knit stockings in my Sahalie catalog.
www.sahalie.com

Search for "stockings"

Hope that helps!
Sincerely,
Corie

tiapam
12-03-2004, 07:48 PM
I just ordered a red velvet one for my daughter from:
http://www.hohoholiday.com/
I hope it looks as nice in person as it does in the picture. I am not too concerned about future kids' stockings being similar. My six siblings and I had a hodgepodge of stockings - I think it shows how a family changes over time. My twin sister and I shared a stocking that looked like a pair of pants with a little "door" in the seat. We each got a leg.