PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone have Land's End all weather mocs?

LucyG
12-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Do you like them? Would you buy them again? How do you find the sizing to run? I tried some on at Sears, and they fit me better than the more expensive, similarly-styled Merrells. I saw in a catalog today that they are on sale for $19.99 now (usually $29.50), so I'm contemplating giving up my Merrell hunt and getting a pair of these mocs from LE. Feedback? Thanks!

ETA: My feet are kind of narrow. I usually wear a med. width in shoes, but they (my feet) are more narrow than normal, I think. That's why I had a hard time getting a good fit in Merrells.

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

Momof3Labs
12-02-2004, 10:34 PM
I have the LE handstitched all weather mocs (because they come in wide sizes) and love them!!! These are such a great shoe bargain, especially at 19.99. I love that I can go through a puddle or some slush and my toes stay dry. They stay looking nice too. Especially if you liked how they fit at Sears, you cannot go wrong with these shoes!!

papal
12-02-2004, 10:37 PM
I have them (from last year) and wore them religiously till I got my Danskos a couple of weeks ago. They are comfy and keep you warm and at that price, you can't go wrong. I have Merrells too and found the LE ones lighter and actually preferred the LE ones overall in terms of comfort. I think the styliing on the Merrells is nicer though.

macassi
12-02-2004, 11:13 PM
I have three pairs. Two regular (non hand stitched) and one clog. I wear them almost exclusively. I think they look great with jeans, they are easy to slip on, and they are very comfy. I find that they run a bit big and fit better with heavier socks, but I love warm socks, so it isn't a problem for me. Traditional trouser socks leave my tootsies cold when I'm walking around the house (I never wear shoes at home -- purely a comfort thing, definitely not a clean thing) and I like socks that'll keep the feet warm.

redhookmom
12-02-2004, 11:29 PM
I just ordered my 2nd pair a couple of days ago. They are so easy to slip on and off and Kindermusic and gymnastics! Last year I orderd a size 8 (my size) this year I ordered a size 7 1/2. HTH

Saartje
12-03-2004, 12:20 AM
I love, love, love mine. That's my main pair of shoes.

I hear they do run a bit big, but I find with a medium-thick warm sock they're exactly right.

jubilee
12-03-2004, 02:00 AM
I also just tried the black clog on at Sears simply because I saw them while I was looking at shoes for my oldest son. I was VERY impressed at how comfy they are and immediately added them to my Christmas list. I waffle between a 6 1/2 and 7 in shoes, and this style was a 7 for me.

LucyG
12-03-2004, 06:38 AM
What's the difference in the hand-stitched versus all-weather mocs? Thanks!

http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_emerald_18m.gif[/img][/url]
21 months and counting!

cara1
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Do the children's sizes also run big? I just ordered an 8 for DS and he's really a 7 1/2 W. Also, are they really all-weather, or do I need to spray on the waterproof stuff?

houseof3boys
12-03-2004, 01:25 PM
I am wearing my brown all weather clogs right now as a matter of fact. I love them and plan on getting more when I place my next big LE order (shopping cart always seems to be full so I just wait until it's big enough :)). Merrell's don't fit me properly either and the LE are perfect for me.

ColorBlue
12-03-2004, 03:13 PM
I think the kids run pretty true to size. My dd is an eight and I ordered both the 8 and 9 and the eights fit perfectly. I was going to keep the 9 for when she grows into them but she wears them so much that I'm going to exchange the 9 for another 8 in a different color. She had the grey and they go with everything. They are also great for her because she can get them on by herself. (she's three).

Tracy
dd Grace 11/01
dds Ellie and Maddie 11/04

jubilee
12-03-2004, 06:06 PM
I was just at www.landsend.com and if you go to the OVERSTOCKS page, then scroll down to the bottom and there are great deals on shoes for both men and women in the "Clear the Decks" section and the "Off the Sleigh" section. Shoes as low as $10!