PDA

View Full Version : No more bedrest! An eventful evening - sort of

ismommy
12-03-2004, 11:37 AM
I am officially off bedrest. Starting yesterday afternoon I was contracting 4 minutes apart so we headed to the hospital about 7 last night. They ended up spacing while I was monitered to between 4-9 minutes. I was softened and x was at -2. At 11:30 we were sent home and told I was on complete bedrest until 36 weeks:(
This morning I saw my OB and he said X is engaged and I am 50% effaced but he expects me to go to term and since lying down doesnt seem to make much difference and X is a good size that he doesnt feel the need to stop me. Though he told me he doesnt think I could do a 6 hour mall journey.
I am planning on still taking it easy until 36 weeks but I am free after almost 12 weeks of bedrest!
Please do send good thoughts that X will stay put until term!

Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

rrosen
12-03-2004, 11:42 AM
YAY Helene! That is great news. Enjoy your restored freedom! Sending you lots of stay put vibes.
January will be here before you know it!

cuca_
12-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Great news! Sending good thoughts your way and crossing my fingers that X stays put until term.

Carmen
DD May 2003
#2 expected in May 2005!

cinrein
12-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Maybe X wants go come out and wear his/her new Hannas? :)

I wondered what was up when you didn't reply to my email yesterday! Stay put X, at least a couple more weeks. But thanks for giving your Mama some freedom before you make your grand entrance.

So where do you want to go shopping? Want to hit Tysons after MNO?

Cindy and Anna February 2003

egoldber
12-03-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh, oh I am totally up for Tyson's run!!!!!!! :)

Congrats Helene! I am so happy for you that you have that stress off of you now.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-03-2004, 12:59 PM
I loveyour line "he doesn't feel the need to stop me"...and chuckled out loud like this guy was going to stop you from anything!!!!

This is great news!!!!...and I am just in shock you were at the hospital last night and have the concern to have called me this morning!!!!! -maybe you should be on BEDREST!!!!!!

Sorry I missed your call...I didn't even hear the phone ring, but I was putting T'ster down for his nap...anyway valuable precious time without the T'ster to finish packing right now or I'd call back. Maybe this evening I can call if cuaght up!!!!

All thoughts are with you to make sure "X" is cooked just right before making the appearance!!!!!

Do I dare selfishly say I want "X" to stay put till we get home???????
Stay put "X"...you are one celebration that I don't want to miss!!!!!

Hugs to you helene...we love you dearly!!!!
Your love note that you sent is in my folder of papers we are taking with us, we will look at it often and have the warmest of thoughts!!!!

We'll chat this evening I hope!!!!

Hugs... and get some rest!!!!!
You're probably booking a flight to see Bruce Sprinsgstein as I type knowing you!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

cinrein
12-03-2004, 01:20 PM
OK! Are we little girl shopping yet?? :)

You should see the stuff Helene got from Talbots outlet for cheap!

Cindy and Anna February 2003

mharling
12-03-2004, 03:36 PM
Great news, Helene!!! Sending lots of good thoughts for baby x to hang out in there a little while longer. :)

Mary
Lane - April 2003
Little sister on the way!!! March 2!

zuzu
12-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Wonderful news! Enjoy your freedom--hope that means you can play for longer on Sunday. :) Sending "stay put" vibes to X.

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5/03)

RwnMayfair
12-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey, that's great! So have you gotten out of the house yet? ::grin:: Heck, did you go out as soon as you were done with your doctor? Now that you're "free" we ought to get together and do something!

And Baby X, I expect you to stay right where you are! Taran stayed where he was longer than he had to, so I have faith that you can stay where you are for at least as long as you should. ;)

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

http://lilypie.com/baby2/031120/0/5/0/-5/.png
http://www.gynosaur.com/assets/ribbons/ribbon_gold_12m.gif - Twelve months and counting!

papal
12-03-2004, 04:46 PM
I want to join you all for shopping! heehee.

Helene, HOW on earth did you manage not to find out if X is a boy or a girl all these 36 weeks!!! Actually, if you knew, who knows what crazy shopping sprees you would be on!!

Hang tight X.. just a couple more weeks to go!!!

barbarhow
12-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Helene-that is so awesome! What a relief that must be. When do you hit 36 weeks? It must be any day now. So glad that you get a break.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

pritchettzoo
12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Have a fun weekend! :)

(And sending stay-put vibes to Baby X!)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (Sept '03)

JLiebCamm
12-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Oh wow...since we're in a horserace for the births of our babies this really made the nearness of the big day a reality. Glad to hear everything is OK.

JElaineB
12-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Congrats on your new-found freedom! Hope everything goes smoothly until little X arrives (on time, I hope!)

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

ktdid74
12-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Yeah Helene! Hang in a few more weeks and you'll be home free :) Take care--

lukkykatt
12-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Yeah! I've been meaning to email you to see how you've been doing! Enjoy your freedom.

Puddy73
12-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Yaaay! That is GREAT news! I remember how happy I was to be off of bed rest. I'm sending good thoughts that baby X will stay put until he/she is fully "cooked."

Jennifer
Mommy to Annabelle Mae 9/8/03

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."