PDA

View Full Version : UKRAINE COURT SAYS ELECTION INVALID -REVOTE

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-03-2004, 12:53 PM
For those following...
HUGE NEWS...the corrupt elections have been said to be invalid by the high court of Ukraine.
JUST AS GOOD OF NEWS...they are making the revote between the two candidates, the current (corrupt) President had another "bad" guy he wanted to replace the candidate with who he hoped was more charismatic and would have more of a chance against the good guy. The court said "NO" the re vote is between the two current candidates.
ALSO GOOD NEW-POSSIBLY- They want the revote "by" December 26th. I hope that "by" can also be "on" the 26th. For if the election is on the 26th there is a chance we might be dancing a smooth dance between the conflicts...
Kiev is "good guy turf"
more than likely anywhere we go to get our children is "bad guy turf"
IF things go "well" then we'd just be heding back to Kiev at around those dates so we'd be back in "good turf" and more safe from any regional (country) outbreaks...

So a revote that late might let us slide in and out of "bad" territory before they get defeated and upset...and before the judicial systme might take long leaves to deal with this etc...

Article from Yahoo
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&u=/ap/20041203/ap_on_re_eu/ukraine_election_10

Lets hope for a 26th revote and no sooner!!!!!
Lets hope the good guy wins this time around!!!!!
Lets hope we are on a plane on the 31st getting out of there
Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

babymama
12-03-2004, 01:17 PM
I haven't been following very closely, so I only barely follow your message. *BUT* I am hoping all the best for the country's stability and for your children there and for your family.

Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

almostamom
12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Neve,

Good news indeed. You and your family will continue to be in our prayers throughout all of this. Many blessings to you as you go to find your children. May you all have a safe, happy, and healthy trip. We are praying for you.

~Linda~

barbarhow
12-03-2004, 02:02 PM
Go good guys!!!!!!
Have a safe trip Mama. We will miss you so much. I will be thinking about you all the time and praying for your safe return with your beautiful family in tow. Have a Merry Christmas! Hugs to all of you.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!

mommyj_2
12-03-2004, 02:10 PM
I'll be sending thoughts your way for a safe and happy trip.