PDA

View Full Version : SHAME ON CARTOONS for their poor poor poor English!!!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Really we as moms should start a revolution to change the grammer that is spoken on cartoons. I'm not the best at the English language but I think to have cartoons with children saying "Me want...me want...me want...." is just AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have trouble excusing the cookie monster but think that can be explained that he is speaking "monster talk"...

But I had on some show while I was packing for Tristan a few minutes ago and it was some kid who said "Me want" a million times...
Let alone why do they need to have kids nagging their parents, can't they come up with some substance like the nice girl on Clifford the Dog...is it that hard to come up with nice charachters even if not "typical"...but nice, filled with smiles etc...

Are they implying our children are not as cute and capitivating if they say "I want..." vs "Me want"....
What on earth would be the purpose of displaying a child on PBS of all stations screaming "Me want...."

And we wonder why our children have trouble with the simplest of the English language. Tristan barely speaks but he mimics the smallest thing at his age (as do all children) so why on Earth start them off behind the 8 ball???????????????????

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

barbarhow
12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
ITA. And have long thought that there should be a delay on newscasters and presidential speeches to correct their grammar which is so often unacceptable. In fact I find them even more annoying than the cartoons. Ugh.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03, a Red Sox fan
expecting #2, a Yankee fan, around 5/9/05!