PDA

View Full Version : Need help w/ slippers for DH with big feet

wagner36
12-03-2004, 06:56 PM
So, I think I'm going to get DH some slippers for x-mas. He's totally not a slipper kind of guy, but I'm so sick of him sticking his cold feet on me just so I can feel how cold they are that I'm going to get him some anyway. Why do people think that other people want cold feet on them? This is my new biggest pet peeve. His feet have been so cold this winter that when you ask Charlie "what's cold?" he'll point at DH's feet.

The problem is that DH wears at least a size 14, and probably more like a 15 since most slippers are "half sizes round up" - most of his shoes are 15's (he's quite tall).

There are two "styles" of slippers that I think DH might like - one would be kind of technical gear REI or EMS type slippers. The other would be something very organic looking - or anything that is made with environmental concerns in mind. He would want a very pliable sole, I think.

I've looked around at a gzillion websites, and most everything only goes up to a 13. I'm stumped. Any ideas at all??

slknight
12-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Have you checked Nordstrom? I got DH's slippers there a few years ago in size 14. But they were kind of traditional-slippers - not sure how many varieties they have. Nordstrom does tend to have a nice range of sizes though.

jesseandgrace
12-03-2004, 10:04 PM
I would also try LL BEAN. They have a huge selection.

Momof3Labs
12-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Tara, they have a couple dozen choices in size 15 on shoebuy.com. Go through ebates.com to get a 9% rebate, and there is a 15% coupon (one day only, it says) on the site or through ebates. Free shipping and, I think, free return shipping. My DH is getting a new pair of slippers, too, now!!

Tondi G
12-04-2004, 12:43 AM
check out Haflingers!

http://www.haflinger-usa.com/

My Dh wears a size 14 shoe and has both their boiled wool slippers and a pair of the grizzly's (wool felt clogs... with a sole for walking the dog etc.) They are wonderful and they carry large sizes! The site says they make up to a 47 European size, should fit your hubby!!!! The beauty of it too is they can be a little snug when you buy them cause the wool will stretch! My husband loves them.... no more cold feet on the hardwood floors in this house!

Good luck
~Tondi
Mommy to Mason 7/8/01
and lil man #2 5/5/05