PDA

View Full Version : Neve, have you thought about the name situation?

jd11365
12-03-2004, 07:58 PM
I remember reading how you wanted to give your children American names in addition to their given names. What have you come up with? Also, I know your children will be siblings, the youngest no less than 15 months. How old will the eldest child be? Just wondering...

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!! I'll be reading your blog at every possible update and can't wait until those babes are in your arms...where they belong!!!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
May '03

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi Jamie...

We have requested them to be on the lookout and line up profiles of children "Age 6 and under"...and we have asked for boys.
One never knows though, what is avaialble...we have friends (from our team) who are there now seeking 3 children 2 boys and a girl, I think about age 8 and under and they have been there a week with no referral. The "girl" part of it throws an obstacle into the picture since girls are in such demand there...

I really doubt we'd get a toddler since others really want a toddler and so they try to reserve those that really want that for those that request it...

I imagine a 5 and 6 year old...
however "6 and under and healthy" are the only real request that we placed. We specified we do not care about race etc...

I imagine we'll come home with two children, however there were 4 boys (who I think have been adopted) who someone on my team was shown pictures of several months ago who were all "6 and under"...
A week later we found out I was pregnant and I also have reason to beleive they have been adopted. But any way we were approved to adopt a sibling group of 4 due to us asking about them specifically.

Anywho...so we might come home with three children...but deep down I think we are cheering for two (though I have said I imagine it will be three at times and we did buy three of everything for them)...

We are still up in the air and will only change their names IF they want them changed...
Steve wants Reichen and Karch
I think I like Reichen and Gavin

However we are both fine with either scenerio...I wonder if when we see them it will occur to us what is the right name for them!!!!

Thank you Jamie for your sweet words they have meant so much to me!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 Baby girl BRONWYN
* Adopting siblings in Ukraine 12-10-04
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

jesseandgrace
12-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Those are wonderful names! I can't wait to hear about the lucky children whose lives will forever be changed for the better.