PDA

View Full Version : NEVE - I saw your post on flying with Tristan

jesseandgrace
12-03-2004, 10:22 PM
We've been on Marthas Vineyard, so I am a few days behind here and I didn't want to post on the old post because it seemed so far back. If you still have time you might want to invest in a sit-n-stroll. We are constantly flying with both kids and the sit-n-stroll is a life saver. In your case I think it would be particularly helpful because you said you are not planning on taking a stroller - if you have a sit-n-stroll you can pop out the wheels if you find you need one at some point. Also, if Tristan falls asleep and you need to switch planes or something, you can carry him off in the seat, pop out the wheels, and just keep going. Basically, you can have a carseat and stroller in one. I think the sit-n-stroll has also performed well in crash tests. However, you can also check your marathon and use it when you get there. Just a thought!

aliceinwonderland
12-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Sorry to intercept Neve--

I am so jelaus...We got married there, and go every summer except this past one...Though it depresses me in the winter (up-island is so empty), so I guess I'm not *that* jelaus...LOL

did the house selling problem get resolved??

jesseandgrace
12-03-2004, 10:48 PM
No house selling problems resolved yet :(. Did you see my post about exams? Hang in there!

The Vineyard was beautiful! It is no longer very empty in the winter - at least through December. Vineyard Haven was actually pretty crowded! I love the Vineyard, we had a house there for 25 years. We still go every summer. If we can sell one of our houses we might try to buy something there when we get back from California. We are on the East Coast until January.

aliceinwonderland
12-04-2004, 02:36 PM
I know; the house market there is pretty crazy, huh?

I don't like VH much...it's like a cheesy vacation rental (everyone is passing thru!). But up-island, that's my "happy place". The house we got married in is in Chilmark, so pretty...I swear one of the reasons we're going back to Boston after graduation is that I can spend some time there every summer :):) DH thinks I'm crazy *but he loves it too!)

We obviously do not have a house there, but a good friend of ours did and allowed us unlimited acces :)